Author Topic: iCam Source Mobile defeating its own purpose by calling attention to itself?  (Read 2515 times)

abraun

• View Profile
For me - as I expect is the case with most of your users - a key requirement in home surveillance is that the surveillance be as unobtrusive as possible.  It is with this in mind that I offer the following question:

I am re-purposing an older iPhone running iOS 7.1.2 (the max version compatible with that model) as a bedroom camera because its presence can be made unremarkable and will therefore go unnoticed.  Toward that end, I just now bought iCam Pro Source Mobile ($5 for a source app seems very reasonable to me - I don't get why people have complained about having to pay for it in the past) and have it running successfully in my iCam Pro video cluster.

The problem is that I cannot see a way to dim the screen.  Having the login credentials and video preview always running screams "Hey!  Look at me!  Over here!" and rather defeats the purpose of having a mobile source app almost entirely, doesn't it?  Nevermind the fact that it would light up the room at night when all other lights are out.  Sleeping the phone or otherwise putting the app into the background kills its ability to stream video (as is to be expected given iOS' multitasking model.)

I was wondering if there were a "blank/dim screen" feature somewhere that I'm missing.  It wouldn't need to be elaborate, just a "blank screen after 30 seconds of inactivity - wake with a tap"-sort of deal.  Otherwise, it's not really all that useful an app and I'll probably just end up trashing it. :(

Thank you for your time and attention.
Aaron

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tapping the iCamSource Mobile's preview video after it has been started should do the trick for you.

abraun

• View Profile
*facepalm*

Son of a gun... lookee there!  Perfect!  Thank you!  I had a feeling I was missing something. :)