Author Topic: icampro  (Read 2074 times)

gq_50

• View Profile
icampro
« on: January 04, 2017, 04:03:53 AM »
icam pro for windows crashed yesterday. I deleted it reinstalled it now it won't even show the camera anymore took it off my pc completely. it has been working fine for years until yesterday.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: icampro
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 08:04:55 AM »
icam pro for windows crashed yesterday. I deleted it reinstalled it now it won't even show the camera anymore took it off my pc completely. it has been working fine for years until yesterday.

When you say " it won't even show the camera anymore" do you mean that the camera is not showing up in the Video drop-down list in the iCamSource Pro? Or are you unable to connect using iCam Pro?

What type of camera (webcam or network IP camera) are you using?

gq_50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 09:13:24 AM »
does not show in drop down list. using logitech 270 for years. I even tried my logitech 920 same problem.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 06:04:55 PM »
does not show in drop down list. using logitech 270 for years. I even tried my logitech 920 same problem.

If you are unplugging and plugging in webcams when the iCamSource Pro is already running, they will not appear in the drop-down lists. The iCamSource Pro scans the system for webcams and populates the list when it is first launched, just FYI.

Are there other applications on your computer that use the webcam that you can run to make sure that the webcam is still recognized correctly by the computer's operating system? If so, and they recognize the webcams correctly, please make sure that the other programs are closed before running the iCamSource Pro so that the two programs do not "fight" over the webcam.

Have you tried rebooting the computer when the webcam is already plugged into the computer and not into a USB hub or extension cable? (USB hubs and extension cables have been notorious for interfering with USB webcams in the past, so it is always good to attempt to eliminate them as a problem cause.)