Author Topic: Getting "Source Connection Error" with Linksys E2500 router  (Read 1859 times)

hildesheim

• View Profile
Hi

I've got iCam Source Pro on my Mac, using the integrated webcam and I've got iCam Pro in my iPhone.

I can connect while the iPhone is on the same wi-fi as the Mac, but I get "Source Connection Error" when on 3g/4g/another wi-fi.

I've tried the following:

1. Checked username and password.
2. I restored my subscription in the app on my iPhone (got "No sources found" before doing that).
3. I went to iCamSource Pro > Preferences > Advanced and enabled Auto-config Router and it says "UPnP Success 13000 -> 13000" when I click Play.
4. iCamSource Pro says "Connected to Server" when I click Play.

I have a Linksys E2500 router. I've gone to the router administration and disabled the IPv6 SPI Firewall and the IPv4 SPI Firewall under Security > Firewall. No change.

I previously had some D-Link router on which I think iCamSource Pro worked -- it stopped working at some point, and it is entirely possible that it stopped working when I got the new Linksys router.

Does anybody have any suggestions to more things I can try to get it to work?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Getting "Source Connection Error" with Linksys E2500 router
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 04:19:50 PM »
Please try enabling Public Proxy Support in iCam Pro running on your iPhone: http://skjm.com/icampro/help/proxy.php

hildesheim

• View Profile
Re: Getting "Source Connection Error" with Linksys E2500 router
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 07:17:37 AM »
Unrelated to this issue, I got an Apple Time Capsule, and it said "Double NAT error", making me look into this error (iCam Pro still didn't work with the Time Capsule replacing the Linksys router). Turns out that my ISP had started providing dynamic ip addresses, resulting in no incoming connection. I asked my ISP for a static ip address and that seems to have solved the problem. iCam Pro is able to connect again now.

If anyone else find this thread and have the same problem, here's some info about my situation: I'm in Denmark. I have Fibia/Waoo as an ISP. I called them to get a static ip address (well, technically not static, but a "locked" ip so that I get the same ip all the time from their DHCP-server).