Author Topic: Trendnet TV-IP320PI Outdoor IP Camera - need video url for mjpeg  (Read 41827 times)

rjgvt

• View Profile
Re: Trendnet TV-IP320PI Outdoor IP Camera - need video url for mjpeg
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 07:45:05 PM »
I opened a support ticket yesterday with Trendnet to ask a few questions about authentication on my camera. Here are my questions:

Does the TV-IP320PI camera use Basic or Digest Authentication?

When disabling HTTP authentication, is the camera using any form of authentication? Is the camera secure?

Trendnet's response:

The camera uses Basic and disabling the http authentication will make the camera not very secure.

Not sure what to think now as to why the camera doesn't work with iCamSource if it is truly Basic Authentication.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 07:46:37 PM by rjgvt »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 05:20:56 PM »
Unfortunately, Trendnet may have thought they were talking about another model or there was some sort of miscommunication, but the camera was definitely using Digest Authentication.

Support for Digest Authentication has been added to the to-do list. In the meantime, there is a workaround you could do with ManyCam (http://manycam.com).  The free version of ManyCam allows you to turn any window on your desktop into a virtual camera.  When you add a camera in the ManyCam program, there are many different options for the sources. One of the choices is Desktop -> App Window, which allows you to specify a particular window.  In your case, it would be the browser window with the camera view showing. Then the browser window will show up in the ManyCam window.  In iCamSource, the Video Source list should include a "ManyCam Virtual Webcam" entry, which will display the browser window.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:55:00 AM by SKJM Support »

rjgvt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 11:08:00 AM »
Thanks for the Manycam info. I will give it a shot when I get the chance.

Bob

Hector

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 01:48:56 PM »
I spent hours >:( on trying to rack my brain on how to get Pysoft Active WebCam to work With this camera, but I thank you :) for the URL info. Ill now share my applications string for getting this to work in the even it may help someone else.

String to request JPEG image:
http://{USER_ID}:{PASSWORD}@{CAMERA_IP}/streaming/channels/1/httppreview

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 01:55:39 PM by Hector »

rjgvt

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2022, 11:36:58 AM »
Long time since I posted and not sure that anyone is monitoring this forum but here goes:

I ignored the two Trendnet TV-IP320PI cameras for a long time since I couldn't get them to work on iCamsource with Digest Authentication. Digest Authentication was added with 2.8.5.2. My Trendnet cameras needed a firmware update for security reasons. I finally got around to working on that yesterday and today. One camera is mounted indoors and one is outside. After doing the firmware update with both cameras, both cameras were inoperative.

I opened a help desk support ticket with Trendnet and they gave me a procedure to reset the cams. There is a rest button on the back of the cameras and need to hold the reset button for over 15 seconds while plugging in the power to the cam. I did the indoor cam reset yesterday and it was back to default. I was able to get it configured and see the cam image with a host domain on IpCamViewer app on my phone. I did the same to the outdoor cam this morning. Had to get my GF to plug in the power cable indoors while I was on a ladder outside resetting the cam. Both cams are now functional.

I downloaded iCamsource 2.9 to my laptop for testing purposes, separate from the computer that runs iCamsource 2.8 for local and remote cameras. I added both Trendnet IP cameras with Digest Authentication enabled and had images for both cameras. I used the following url:

http://hostdomain:port/Streaming/Channels/1/httpPreview

This is one of a 1000 urls that I tried in the beginning of this post. I'll be updating iCamsource on my desktop to 2.9 and add the two Trendnet cams.

I'm happy that I finally got it all working and thanks to SKJM for adding the features that made it happen.

rjgvt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2022, 03:07:21 PM »
Update:

Updated iCamsource on my desktop computer to 2.9. The seven cams (3 remote IP, 2 local IP, 2 local webcams) I was using on iCamsource 2.8 were functional on 2.9 without doing anything. I added the two Trendnet cameras and had a few issues after awhile with the images getting broken up. I changed the parameters for the Trendnet cams from 704x480 resolution, highest video quality and 10fps to 640x480 resolution, medium video quality and 6fps. Cams have been stable since I made the changes.

rjgvt

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2022, 10:28:18 AM »
Another update:

Two of my Airlink IP cams are not recording motion. One is at a remote location and stopped recording motion when I updated iCamsource to 2.9 on July 14, 2022. I noticed today that one of my IP cams at home won't record motion. I powered off both of the Trendnet cams and disconnected from the router and both Airlink cams are still not recording motion.

I was at 2.8 before updating to 2.9. Anyway I can get 2.8 back to test my cams?

Edit: I removed the Trendnet cams from iCamsource. No change in issue with two cams not recording with motion.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 03:42:48 PM by rjgvt »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2022, 09:53:14 AM »
Another update:

Two of my Airlink IP cams are not recording motion. One is at a remote location and stopped recording motion when I updated iCamsource to 2.9 on July 14, 2022. I noticed today that one of my IP cams at home won't record motion. I powered off both of the Trendnet cams and disconnected from the router and both Airlink cams are still not recording motion.

Edit: I removed the Trendnet cams from iCamsource. No change in issue with two cams not recording with motion.

iCamSource 2.8 is quite old, and may exist on one of our older systems, but we would need to search for it.

If the AirLink cameras are connected to the iCamSource and you can see the live feed update then it should be able to detect and record motion if the Record Motion checkbox is checked for that camera: https://skjm.com/icam/help/motion_detection.php

If it still isn't, check that the green "Motion" indicator is toggling off and on (to indicate that motion is being detected) and if it is not, it may be an issue where the detection zones are enabled but configured in such a way that the area where motion is occurring is not enabled.

You can also try and explicitly "change" the motion detection folder in case it was moved / changed somehow, and the path is now incorrect. If you click the "Change" button and then select a different folder, see if that fixes the issue.

rjgvt

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2022, 11:23:03 AM »
Another update:

iCamSource 2.8 is quite old, and may exist on one of our older systems, but we would need to search for it.

If the AirLink cameras are connected to the iCamSource and you can see the live feed update then it should be able to detect and record motion if the Record Motion checkbox is checked for that camera: https://skjm.com/icam/help/motion_detection.php

If it still isn't, check that the green "Motion" indicator is toggling off and on (to indicate that motion is being detected) and if it is not, it may be an issue where the detection zones are enabled but configured in such a way that the area where motion is occurring is not enabled.

You can also try and explicitly "change" the motion detection folder in case it was moved / changed somehow, and the path is now incorrect. If you click the "Change" button and then select a different folder, see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks for the reply!!

The two cameras that have issues would not show "motion" detected. I walked around in front of the camera at home and reboot the camera at the remote location which would trigger a motion light for 1 minute. Neither would show motion.

I also had a small detection zone (in red) for both cameras prior to updating to 2.9. After reading your post, I "enabled" the detection zone (all red) for both cameras and turned detection zones off. Now both cameras will detect motion.

Do the red areas see motion or disable motion? White areas?

I'm leaving the detection zones turned off for now. It's not needed at the remote location anymore.

I'm going to connect the Trendnet cameras back to iCamsource since it did not cause any issues.

Thanks!!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2022, 08:21:36 PM »

Yes, red is enabled, white is disabled. 👍

rjgvt

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2022, 08:48:04 PM »

Yes, red is enabled, white is disabled. 👍

Thanks!