Author Topic: Windows 10 Compatibility  (Read 7503 times)

rkivz

• View Profile
Windows 10 Compatibility
« on: June 02, 2015, 12:18:26 AM »
So I was hit with the "Get Windows 10" icon on my desktop last night and before I make the commitment to upgrade in July, I just wondered if there were any foreseeable compatibility or stability issues with iCam source anticipated. I'd rather continue using iCam than upgrade my OS.

Thanks guys, you're always a huge help, no matter what issues arise!

Ryan 

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10 Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 04:39:35 PM »
We haven't tested with Windows 10, but all SKJM Windows software will definitely support Windows 10 by the time it's released.

rkivz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 11:26:03 PM »
Good to know!! As always, thank you for the reply and for this incredible software!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 01:00:44 AM »
Thank you for your feedback and you are most welcome.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Don of Nashville

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 12:16:40 PM »
Since I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, Icam pro will not stay open but constantly crashes.  I know it has to be Win 10 because I have the exact same laptop with Windows 7 running 2 cameras (just like the other laptop) and it still works fine, but Icam pro crashes on the Win 10 laptop after 20 or so minutes but I haven't really kept track, so not sure how long it stays on.   It only stays  on  a short time before it says the program is not responding.  I am only using the laptops for webcams to Icam, so it should not be any other program.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »
Does a crash message appear when it crashes? If so, please send a screenshot of the error message to support@skjm.com.

How many cameras are running on the Windows 10 computer? What's the Brand/Model of the camera(s)?

Are you running the latest version of iCamSource Pro available on our Support Pages here: http://skjm.com/icampro/support.php

Don of Nashville

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 12:45:08 PM »
I am now running the latest Icam Pro 1.1 version. I was using 1.03.
It still crashes after about 20-30 minutes and I have attached the screenshot of the message.   (or not)
Windows laptop is an Asus with Intel core i3 2.4 Ghz with 8MB of RAM, 64 bit, running Windows 10.
I am using the built in webcam on the laptop and a Logitech C310 and a Logitech C615 USB webcam.
I have the same cameras and laptop running Windows 7 and no problems there.  It was only after I upgraded one laptop to Win10 did this crashing start.
I did, install the MS Media pack you guys recommend as well.
I can't seem to add my screenshot. Let me send this out and try again.

The error message I get when it crashes says
"IcamSourcePro.exe has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will notify the program and notify you if a solution is available" 
then there is a "close program" button to hit to close the window.

Don
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:00:48 PM by Don of Nashville »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 04:01:33 PM »
If iCamSource Pro is crashing, there should be crash logs.

The crash log can be found by opening Windows Explorer and typing “%localappdata%” in the top bar (without the quotes).  That will open the AppData folder on your computer. There should be a folder in the AppData folder called “iCamSourcePro” with a text file called “iCamSourceCrashLog.txt”.

If you find crash logs, please send the most recent one to support@skjm.com. Please reference this post in your email.

Are your webcams plugged into a USB hub or extension cable? If so, please try plugging it directly into the computer.

Don of Nashville

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 12:18:09 PM »
Crashlog sent to you.

I have one USB camera plugged directly into computer and one USB camera on a small hub which only has the Bluetooth receiver to a wireless mouse and keyboard connected.  I will try connecting the camera directly to the USB port, to see if that makes any difference.
I think I tried this before and it did not make any difference.

In the meantime, I tried going back to using Icam source v2.7 and that is working just fine on Windows 10.

I see there is a new version of Icam Pro 1.2 now. I had just updated to 1.1. So I will try that later.

I actually liked the old version's way of saving individual jpg's images rather than a video in Pro, but the Pro version does have some sweet bells and whistles.