Author Topic: Not Receiving Push Notifications - Solved!  (Read 3161 times)

scrnchr

• View Profile
Not Receiving Push Notifications - Solved!
« on: May 31, 2015, 06:30:39 PM »
Hello,

I installed iCam and iCamSource yesterday and was impressed with the ease of getting things working.
The only issue I've had is that I have not received even one push notification.

"Notification Threshold" was at 1 -- I changed it to 2 today but as expected it didn't fix my not receiving push notifications.

"Event Image Min" was at 1 -- I changed it to 4 today to reduce the number of false motion events.
I haven't played with the Detection Frequency or Motion Sensitivity yet--these should not affect the problem I'm having.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

iCamSource 2.7.2 (it looks like that's the latest version for WinXP)
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3
Intel Core2 Duo E4600 @ 2.40GHz, 2GB RAM

iCam version 1.6.3
In Android "Apps", "Show notifications" is checked for this app
Android 4.4.3
HTC One M7, 12GB of 32GB used
Carrier is T-Mobile, phone is not rooted or unlocked

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:48:32 PM by scrnchr »

scrnchr

• View Profile
Re: Not Receiving Push Notifications
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 06:36:21 PM »
Anyone?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 12:52:23 PM »
It’s possible that the iCam app settings on the Android phone have gotten into a bad state.

On your Android phone, go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications and then choose iCam and the "Clear Data". Then try connecting again.

scrnchr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 04:47:55 PM »
Thank you for the reply.  I cleared the iCam App data as you recommended.  When I started iCam again, it of course asked me to login, and that is where I found my problem.  There are checkbox options on the right-hand side of the login screen.  The middle option, "Auto-Lock Override" had confused me the first time I logged in.  I had gone online and did a search and figured out what it was for.  Then I finished logging in without noticing the 3rd (bottom) checkbox option, which is "Notifications".  I checked it this time and the notifications work great.  So I feel like an idiot but it's working.  :)

I also figured out that on Android I can long-touch a motion even to get the option to delete it--very nice, rather than having to do it through Dropbox, which is where I have my motion images being stored.  I have one question about the Zoom screen, but I'll start a new thread for that.

The more I use iCam and iCamSource, the more impressed I am with it's functionality and simplicity.  You folks have done a really nice job with this package.  I can't wait for Android iCam Pro to come out, so that I can move to that and upgrade to HD webcams.

Thanks.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Not Receiving Push Notifications - Solved!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 11:34:10 AM »
Thank you for your positive feedback! I’m glad you got it working.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.