Author Topic: Guest mode/simple static sequence?  (Read 2559 times)

Sdownie

• View Profile
Guest mode/simple static sequence?
« on: May 04, 2015, 02:11:17 PM »
I just bought the iCam bundle from iTunes and it all works fine. But it is overkill for home-office webcam I want to offer my coworkers.

Is there a way to offer a password-free view of a video-only feed?

Ideally, the video would only have to refresh once every minute or so, posting a static image of my home-office space. No plugin or password would be required.

Is there any way iCam can do this?

Thanks!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Guest mode/simple static sequence?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 12:01:30 AM »
They can view your webcam (video-only) from a remote desktop computer using iCamWeb: http://skjm.com/icam/web

iCamWeb uses a Java applet to connect to iCamSource, so Java must be installed on the computer.

To get the "Share" URL visit  iCamWeb at: http://skjm.com/icam/web

Login using the login/password combination that you set up in iCamSource.

Once you’ve logged in there will be a Share link at the bottom of the screen. That link will remain the same as long as the login/password in iCamSource remains the same.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sdownie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 12:16:22 PM »
Thanks!

I've given it a number of shots over the past two days. Once I got everything configured, I still get a "Broker Connection Error" at the office. I assume the firewall is filtering out something the Java applet needs.

If there was a way to generate a simple static picture once every minute or two and simply post it on a server as an image, a Java applet wouldn't be necessary. That low-frequency, no-audio monitoring update would be just fine for my needs.

Thanks again!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 07:38:41 AM »
The option for low-frequency, no-audio monitoring has not been requested in the past, however we will add it to our list of potential features to implement in the future. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.