Author Topic: Apple Watch support?  (Read 3928 times)

Beyondthetech

• View Profile
Apple Watch support?
« on: May 01, 2015, 02:57:27 PM »
Was reading a post from a user on the MacRumors forum that iCam now supports the Apple Watch. I've upgraded to iCam Pro a long time ago, so I don't use iCam anymore. Will iCam Pro support it as well, and if so, when can we expect its release? I checked your blog, but it looks like it hasn't been updated in years. Thanks again for a great app.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Apple Watch support?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 09:49:39 PM »
Since the Apple Watch doesn't play video formats directly, it was actually easier for us to develop an Apple Watch extension for iCam than for iCam Pro. We decided to focus on iCam first so that we could develop something quickly and have it ready for the Apple Watch release date.

We will definitely be bringing Apple Watch support to iCam Pro as well. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

abraun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 05:38:09 PM »
Please add me as a +1 for Apple Watch support in iCam Pro.  Lifetime subscriber with a 4-camera setup here who would LOVE to be able to use this on my watch (as well as show it off to others.)  Are you guys sharing an ETA as to when that functionality might be available?

ckuehne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 03:23:40 AM »
Is this a matter of figuring out how to turn the video that set off the motion into an animated GIF? Is that the reason for the delay? I can see that WatchOS 1.0 does support GIFs...

As a purchaser of iCam Pro, also, I feel like my money has been wasted on it since getting my Apple Watch. :)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 10:43:26 AM »
Unfortunately we do not have an estimated release date, but Apple Watch support for iCam Pro is currently being developed, and is currently our top priority.

ckuehne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 06:37:23 PM »
That's great news! Thank you.