Author Topic: iCam 2.6 & iCamSource 2.8 Released w/ Apple Watch Support  (Read 13971 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
iCam 2.6 & iCamSource 2.8 Released w/ Apple Watch Support
« on: April 17, 2015, 07:26:24 PM »
iCam 2.6 and iCamSource 2.8 for Mac OS X 10.9+ and Windows Vista/7/8 are now available, and include support for the upcoming Apple Watch.

The latest versions of the iCamSource now optionally upload encrypted Apple Watch Alerts to our servers whenever motion is detected. Apple Watch Alerts are brief animated summary notifications of your iCamSource's most recent motion detection events that you can receive and review on your Apple Watch.

Some screenshots of iCam running on Apple Watch can be found here: http://skjm.com/icam/index2.php?applewatch

If you anyone has any questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thanks! :)

UPDATE : Version 2.8.1 for Mac OS X 10.9+ has been released to fix a crashing problem that sometimes occurred when connecting the iCamSource to IP cameras on certain iMacs.
UPDATE #2 : Version 2.8.2 for Mac OS X 10.9+ has been released to fix a crashing problem that sometimes occurred when connecting the iCamSource to IP cameras that returned invalid JPEG image data.
UPDATE #3 : Version 2.8.3 for Mac OS X 10.9+ has been released to support Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
UPDATE #4 : Version 2.8.4 for Mac OS X 10.9+ has been released that fixes an issue where the Motion Events were not always being sorted correctly in iCam, and where the menu bar icon was not displaying correctly on older versions of Mac OS X.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:15:21 AM by Stefan »

ckuehne

• View Profile
Re: iCam 2.6 & iCamSource 2.8 Released w/ Apple Watch Support
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 04:01:28 PM »
Will there be an update to iCam Pro coming soon that includes the same Apple Watch support?

Thank you again for a terrific piece of software!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 05:18:22 PM »
Since the Apple Watch doesn't play video formats directly, it was actually easier for us to develop an Apple Watch extension for iCam than for iCam Pro.  We decided to focus on iCam first so that we could develop something quickly and have it ready for the Apple Watch release date.

We will definitely be bringing Apple Watch support to iCam Pro as well.

ckuehne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 05:25:10 PM »
That's great to hear - looks like I will be switching to the regular iCam app until you guys get that out.. (I was lucky enough to be in the first batch, so my Apple Watch will hopefully be coming this Friday.)

And thank you for the quick reply and explanation why you only updated iCam, and not iCam Pro yet.

Chewky007

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 11:26:21 PM »
SUPER GREAT IDEA for APPLE WATCH!
Since watching video on a 4:3 screen is not practical, how about "Face-Detection" as an add-on. Anytime the camera picks up a face it would automatically alert/send the detected Face to the apple watch.

ckuehne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 01:21:38 PM »
SUPER GREAT IDEA for APPLE WATCH!
Since watching video on a 4:3 screen is not practical, how about "Face-Detection" as an add-on. Anytime the camera picks up a face it would automatically alert/send the detected Face to the apple watch.

That really is a fantastic idea - and I do know that Apple introduced a public API for face detection in iOS a couple of versions back, but I don't know if they did for OS X - maybe this is something that could be implemented on the iOS side of things and then pushed to the Apple Watch?

As far as I know, there isn't any other video monitoring software that has implemented anything like that!

jray21

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 02:04:30 PM »
Just got my apple watch and looking forward to the integration with iCam.  However, right now I'm only receiving the notifications on  the notification screen, but when I go into the app on the watch it just says "No Cameras" at the top, and doesn't show any notifications or screen shots like the screenshots in the previous post shows. 

ckuehne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 03:52:55 PM »
Does the Apple Watch app allow to stop recording/turn off all notifications, or does that still need to happen on the iPhone? If it's iPhone only right now, is that something that is planned on being implemented?

Kurtois

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 09:31:27 AM »
v2.8 of iCamSource drops support for WinXP.

I was hoping to use an older WinXP machine for "hosting" the iCamSource application. Can you advise why support was dropped?

Also, am I missing the requirements page for the iCamSource application?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 03:16:12 PM »
Windows XP does not support the more modern multimedia capture functionality utilized by the iCamSource.

Microsoft's own support of Windows XP has ended, and as such, they do not recommend using it: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/end-support-help

bamirian

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 10:05:00 AM »
Just got my apple watch and looking forward to the integration with iCam.  However, right now I'm only receiving the notifications on  the notification screen, but when I go into the app on the watch it just says "No Cameras" at the top, and doesn't show any notifications or screen shots like the screenshots in the previous post shows.

I'm getting the same thing. What to do?

bamirian

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 10:48:40 AM »

I'm getting the same thing. What to do?

Figured it out... need to enable Motion Detection and Apple Watch alerts. Then, you need some motion to be detected to get an alert. The camera which had the motion will then show up under Cameras.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »
I’m glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.