Author Topic: icam source mobile to icam  (Read 3126 times)

ayre

• View Profile
icam source mobile to icam
« on: July 01, 2015, 11:15:24 AM »
Hello,
I am having difficulty with icam.  I want to use icam between two mobile phones. I have icam source mobile running on an iPhone 5s on the Verizon network. I have icam running on an android phone (KitKat) on the t mobile network. I am getting the error that icam cannot connect to the broker server. I can get the phones to connect if they are on the same WiFi network, but not otherwise. Any suggestions?

ayre

• View Profile
Re: icam source mobile to icam
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 09:53:07 AM »
?

ayre

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 12:00:00 PM »
Really?  How many more days do I have to wait for a resolution to this problem?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 04:18:54 PM »
I apologize for the delay. Unfortunately, in order to connect via cell phone networks, iCam requires the use of Proxy Support. Currently Android does not support this feature. It has been requested in the past and is currently on our list of potential features to implement in the future.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

ayre

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 01:31:42 PM »
Your product page says that you can view the cam with iPhone or android!!! As a matter of fact, the reason I bought your product in the first place is because of a CNET review I saw where the an iPhone was used as the source, and the video was viewed on an android, over a cell network. So, your explanation does not make sense.  It contradicts your own product description. If this is indeed the case, you should make it very clear in the app store and in the play store that your product will not work as you describe without additional services.  Right now I feel like I got my money stolen.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 02:19:37 PM »
My apologies for the response being confusing.

The issue is that you are attempting to connect two devices that are both connected to cellular networks. Mobile network providers don't support devices connected to them acting as servers, which is essentially what the iCamSource is. (iCam is the client, which connects to the iCamSource, which is the server.)

The most common use case is for the iCam device being connected to either a WiFi or cellular network, and the iCamSource device being connected to a WiFi network. WiFi networks can be configured to allow devices connected to it to accept incoming connections, but cellular networks cannot.

The only solution to connect cellular to cellular is to connect via our Proxy service, but as previously stated, it has not yet been implemented for the Android version of iCam.