Author Topic: "Source Not Found" after getting new Netgear router  (Read 2783 times)

Ryan0751

• View Profile
"Source Not Found" after getting new Netgear router
« on: April 07, 2015, 04:04:10 AM »
Moving this to the iCam Pro forum...

I am running iCam Pro (the latest version).

Up until this week, I was running with an Airport Extreme router.  I just replaced that with a Netgear Nighthawk 7000 router.

I can connect to iCam if I'm on my iPhone on the local network, but if I disable WIFI and go to LTE, it seems like I can't connect (I get the "No Sources Found") message.

My router is getting a public IP address from Comcast, there is no double-NAT.  I tried both using "Auto-Config Router" (UpNP on the router shows that the ports 13000-13003 were negotiated successfully),  I've also tried static port forwarding to the machine running the server.

Is there anything else to try?  I really don't see the need to run a proxy, my assumption is this is a setting in the router?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "Source Not Found" after getting new Netgear router
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 10:40:10 AM »
The No Sources Found message may indicate that your iCamSource Pro is unable to connect to the server.  Does the title of the iCamSource Pro window say "Connecting.." or "Connected to Server"?

If it says "Connected to Server", then the computer is able to connect to the server, so the No Sources Found message may indicate that the iCam Pro client is in free mode.  Purchasing the iCam Pro Service is required to connect to your cameras from outside of your local network and to receive notifications when motion or sound are detected. If you have already purchased the iCam Pro Service please tap the Restore button in the top-left corner of the iCam Pro Store from your iPhone to restore the subscription purchase.

Ryan0751

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 10:59:16 AM »
On my Mac, it says "Connected to Server".

I can connected to iCam when on the WiFI, but not externally.

Ryan0751

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 06:32:50 PM »
Apparently I had to restore the iCam Pro lifetime purchase on the app, now it's working.

Silly!