Author Topic: mac multiple cameras  (Read 2148 times)

benhunt22

• View Profile
mac multiple cameras
« on: February 05, 2015, 02:29:48 AM »
Hi

Firstly using icampro on my mac mini.

I have four webcams that all plug into the back of the machine via its usb ports.

I can view all four cameras via dwayne cam a simple to view cam display, this displays all four cameras and work fine.

However icampro can only seem to handle two at a time? Now i think this has something to do with osx because the cameras arent viewable in ohter webcam cttv software only simple cam viewers that display one webcam feed at a time and not all four. Is there a known fix for this or anything you can recommend?

benhunt22

• View Profile
Re: mac multiple cameras
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 02:49:01 PM »
bump

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: mac multiple cameras
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 09:38:19 PM »
We’ve heard reports of problems of certain Mac models that prevent multiple USB cameras working simultaneously due to an issue with the USB bus. It isn’t a problem with iCamSource in particular, because the problem occurs with other programs as well.

You can find out if this is the problem you are experiencing by trying to open two of the cameras in different programs simultaneously (such as FaceTime or Photobooth). For example, open one camera in Photobooth and then try to open a different camera in FaceTime.