Author Topic: Struggling - Restored iCam lifetime purchase, still not able to connect  (Read 2511 times)

gbjones

• View Profile
I've purchase the lifetime service for my Icam Pro - I've "restored" the purchase on my iPhone 5 hoping that would work as I've seen it working for a few others that were having a problem viewing their camera from outside of the home network.  I have great inhouse wifi access to the webcam from my ICam phone app.  When outside of the home network, and I launch the phone app I get "Source Connection Error" - "One or more of the ICamSources returned by the ICam Broker server could not be connected to".  I Have Verizon FIOS. Really not great info on how to allow this app through the router.  Help please before I start pulling back the $$ from the app store.  Please be careful in your advertising that this app doesn't require proxy or router work - that's what sold me - I really want to make this work because totally unsuccessful with the iSpy app (same issue).    Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:37:56 PM by gbjones »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Struggling - Restored iCam lifetime purchase, still not able to connect
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 11:49:47 AM »
Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource Pro before clicking the Start button? If that doesn’t work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource Pro with that option enabled.

Our iCam Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icampro/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

iCam Pro does "just work" for the majority of users, but there are setups that do require some additional configuration.

gbjones

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 12:09:32 PM »
the auto-config router checkbox in the iCamSource pro was not highlighted, therefore, not able to check.  I followed the below instructions provided in a troubleshooting topic:

If you are running Windows, you will need to set an iCamSource registry key:

1. Download the following file to your computer and double-click it: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSourcePortForwarding.reg If the file opens up in notepad for some reason, please see the Registry Note below.
2. Restart the iCamSource. You should now see a checkbox allowing you to enable Port Forwarding. Check it, and you should see the range 12000 to 12100 by default.
-----------------------------------------------
this did not work - check box still not available to select/check.

Tried a few things while logged into my router, but I started to get concerned that I'd screw something up while struggling through the various options/fixes that were provided in this forum.

Have Verizon FIOS - was hoping this would have been an easier plug-and-view like the rest.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 08:16:19 PM »
Please make sure you Stop iCamSource before attempting to make any changes to your Preferences.