Author Topic: Only one camera shows in iCam App on IOS Devices  (Read 2997 times)

wesma

• View Profile
Only one camera shows in iCam App on IOS Devices
« on: February 03, 2015, 05:43:32 AM »
I am running an iMac, latest OSX Yosemite.
I have been using the Mac built-in FaceCam HD camera with iCam source successfully for ages.
I have just connected a USB camera to iCamSource and it works fine, but if I try and click + to add camera it just adds whichever camera is live again.
It seems to be that Mac will only recognise one camera at a time.
Only the one live camera shows up in the grid of screen on my IOS devices.
I can switch between the two in iCam Source but only one registers in the grid at a time.
Any suggestions?

Wesma

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 04:01:30 AM by wesma »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Only one camera shows in iCam App on IOS Devices
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 01:54:33 PM »
Does the USB camera show up in the Video drop-down list in iCamSource?  When the “+” button is pressed, it automatically selects the same Audio and Video sources as the previous camera, so they’ll need to manually select the USB camera from the Video drop-down list.

kes601

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 11:45:42 AM »
I am having the same (I think) issue.

I have 3 cameras in iCamSource -- 1 is a webcam, the other two are D-Link Wireless cameras.  All 3 of them were showing previously in the iOS app, but now only 1 shows.  If I visit the web site you can use to view iCam feeds (sorry, system won't allow a link) and put in the proper user / pass combination I can see all 3 cameras.  I've tried removing cameras from iCamSource and re-adding them, as well as deleting the app from the iPhone, but nothing seems to help.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 02:59:58 AM »
Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn’t work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

robinlo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 03:12:04 PM »
i have same problem both cameras are on the drop down box but once i press start only one cam shows, have tried all the options u suggest, then when i try again only the built in cam comes on

robinlo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 03:16:06 PM »
then when i delete the built in source on the cameras box the logitech one works fine but then when i add the built in cam it will only use the logitech cam

robinlo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 03:18:29 PM »
the auto config box has same message for both cameras "upnp success 12001->12001"

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 10:24:27 AM »
I would suggest closing the iCamSource application and then deleting your com.skjm.icamsource.plist file in your Library/Preferences folder in your home folder. Then, when you re-start the iCamSource, you will be starting with a fresh set of preferences, and hopefully things will act as expected.

You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you’re holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose Library, then open the Preferences folder. The plist file will be in there.