Author Topic: Yosemite and iCam and iCam pro  (Read 2723 times)

palmfox

• View Profile
Yosemite and iCam and iCam pro
« on: January 26, 2015, 01:05:56 PM »
Hi

I'm having problems with both iCam and iCamPro in Yosemite.
First this is a clean install of Yosemite, as I bought the Mac Mini new.

iCam works, but keeps quitting after a few hours, for no reason that I can determine. It will allow me to relaunch and it will go for another few hours and quit again. I have 12gb ram and a new hard drive with nothing on it, so it shouldn't be that.

iCamPro won't connect to the iCam server. It did at one time, but after the last Yosemite update, it won't connect. It says connecting, but nothing happens. I've double checked the username and password, etc, but nothing.

Can you tell me which files I have to delete to make sure I do a fresh install of either iCam and iCamPro. I tried just deleting the plist file and it still remembered my cameras, so obviously that isn't a fresh install.

Thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Yosemite and iCam and iCam pro
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 01:31:36 AM »
iCamSource and iCamSource Pro cannot run at the same time. They might be fighting for access to the camera.

If iCamSource is crashing, there should be crash logs.

The crash logs would be in:

/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports or /Users/<YourUsername>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

You can get to the ~/Library directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you’re holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log. The crash logs should be there.

If you find crash logs, please send the most recent one to support@skjm.com

Please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

sallieperkinson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 06:25:02 AM »
I am having the same issue, however I am not running Pro, just Icam.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but it shuts down after a few hours.  Any answers?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 06:28:09 AM by sallieperkinson »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 10:54:39 PM »
Make sure that your computer isn’t configured to go into Sleep or Hibernate mode after a period of inactivity. If your computer is asleep, the iCamSource will not be actively running, and you will not be able to connect.