Author Topic: Connection issues since Mac upgrade  (Read 3380 times)

karenlegallez

• View Profile
Connection issues since Mac upgrade
« on: January 13, 2015, 09:01:45 AM »
Hi there - I have been using this app for a long while now with next to no problems. Since upgrading to Yosemite it all seems to have stopped working. I have this running on my iMac (still working) and 3 webcams - one now says my log in user name or password is incorrect (checked and it's not) and the other 2 just list as 'cannot be connected to'.

I have tried re-boot and deleted the prefs for the software. I have also tried turning on and off my firewall which made no difference. What other sneaky extra came with this OS to muck things up??

I can connect to all cameras via a web browser but only on the local WIFI network, so no external access. Any ideas anyone?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Connection issues since Mac upgrade
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 03:30:06 PM »
Thank you for your post, and I am sorry that you are having problems.

Please make sure that you are running the latest versions of iCam and iCamSource available on our Support Pages here: http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

karenlegallez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 03:50:20 AM »
Hi - thanks I have downloaded and installed the latest version and it made no difference.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 03:38:39 PM »
When you say "webcams - one now says my log in user name or password is incorrect (checked and it's not) and the other 2 just list as 'cannot be connected to” are you able to connect to your cameras via any other video capture software on your computer?

What is the Brand/Model of each camera?

karenlegallez

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 10:59:15 AM »
Hi there - All 3 cameras are Wansview NCB541W. One lists as a 401 Auth Failure and the other 2 just say they cannot be connected to. If I go on a browser (locally on the network) I can go to each cameras ip address and relevant port - and using the same logon (even thought one camera via the app claims this is wrong) I can connect to each camera and edit/view etc.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 07:43:23 PM »
Are you trying the exact same URL in both iCamSource and the browser? Also please make sure that you are testing the exact URL from the same computer iCamSource is running on.

karenlegallez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 04:10:10 AM »
 ;D Discovered some idiot had reset my router - so all my custom port forwarding was wiped out!! Thanks for your help and a great product!! All back to normal.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 11:22:57 PM »
I’m glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.