Author Topic: iTouch URL Help  (Read 5833 times)

Car43

• View Profile
iTouch URL Help
« on: December 22, 2014, 11:06:49 PM »
Just switched to iCamSource Pro and added ipCam to an iTouch. Was using iCamSource with one USB Webcam. Now trying to add my iTouch as additional camera, but can't get URL to work. Using <http//192.168.0.8/video.mjpg> but iCamSource Pro not finding it. I verified IP through iTouch settings. My old iCam on my iPhone found it using the old software, but not working on new iCamSource Pro.

I'm not adding any "Camera Login" or "Camera Password" under URL and I changed the iCam Pro Login/Password to be different from older iCam.

What am I doing wrong?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iTouch URL Help
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 05:30:28 PM »
Please make sure that iCamSource is closed before attempting to add ipCam to iCamSource Pro. iCamSource might be fighting iCamSource Pro for access to the camera.

Car43

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 08:46:49 PM »
Thanks, I'll give it a try and let you know.

Car43

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 09:22:03 PM »
Still not working. I noticed this too...When I set up Camera 1 (MS LifeCam USB) it's set up in the USB/Firewire/Built-in tab and there is nothing in the Ethernet/WiFi tab. However, under Camera 2 (iTouch) it's set up in the Ethernet/WiFi tab as <http://192.168.0.8/video.mjpg> AND under the USB/Firewire/Built-in, the MS LifeCam is there. There is no way to get rid of it. Every camera I try to add a camera, the MS LifeCam is automatically built.

I tried adding my iPhone, but the LifeCam is built also.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 02:02:27 PM »
Please Stop the iCamSource Pro before attempting to make any changes to your Preferences. Select the camera you want to delete from the cameras list and click the minus (-) button at the bottom of the list.

Car43

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 07:40:57 PM »
Using the old version of iCam on my iPhone, it is able to find the iTouch and I get video/audio. However, the new iCam Pro on my iPhone will not find the iTouch. I'm using the same login information and I stop one before using the other. Additionally, iCam Pro on my PC cannot find the iTouch either.

I have disconnected the webcam so there is no confusion.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 01:01:58 PM »
iCam is not compatible with iCam Pro because the Pro version uses new Apple libraries that require iOS 7 or later.

Car43

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 11:59:37 AM »
My iTouch (camera) only has iOS 6.1, does that matter, using it as a camera only?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 03:12:11 PM »
You can set up your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad as a WiFi network IP camera with our latest app ipCam (which requires iOS 4.0)

In order to view it on your computer or iPhone it would then need to connected, like any other WiFi network IP camera, to a computer running iCamSource.

More information about ipCam can be found here: http://skjm.com/ipcam/

Car43

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 08:04:03 PM »
Thanks, but that doesn't help me at all. This is what started this question. I cannot get my iTouch (operating ipCam) to communicate with the new iCam Pro (installed on my iPhone and PC.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 09:17:17 PM »
If the URL works with the original iCamSource, it should work with iCamSource Pro as well. Are the iCamSource and iCamSource Pro running on the same computer?  What happens if you enter that MJPEG URL in your web browser?

Car43

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 09:32:48 PM »
I uninstalled iCam Source from my PC and installed iCam Source Pro. When I try that URL in the browser, it comes back that it cannot be displayed.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 12:21:49 PM »
Are the computer and the device running ipCam connected to the same router? If they are, please quit or disable all firewall software on the computer (temporarily) to see if you can access ipCam via your web browser.