Author Topic: Intermittent Cam Viewing on Icam Pro on Ipad/Iphone  (Read 4082 times)

Mojojojo1977

• View Profile
Intermittent Cam Viewing on Icam Pro on Ipad/Iphone
« on: December 10, 2014, 04:33:27 AM »
Hi there,

Need some help.

I have a windows 7 pc running 2 usb cams at home. IcamPro running with £6.99 pro service purchased. Inside the house (same network) I have no issues connecting and viewing.

Outside of the house is a different story. Whether its 3g/4g/work wifi, I sometimes get one cam, sometimes the other and the majority of the time nothing at all bar the 'Source Connection Error' message (One or more of the ICamSources returned by the iCam broker server could not be connected to.).

Its getting a little frustrating now, as far as I am concerned everythign should be set up right.

Auto config router is set on the pc.

The fact they are sometimes showing and sometimes not proves its set up, its just not working right.

Any help appreciated., thanks in advance
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 05:27:12 AM by Mojojojo1977 »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Intermittent Cam Viewing on Icam Pro on Ipad/Iphone
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 03:57:03 PM »
iCam Pro does "just work" for the majority of users, but there are setups that do require some additional configuration.

Have you tired with Auto-Config Router option unchecked? If not, please Stop iCamSource and with that option unchecked.

Our iCam Pro Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icampro/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 07:18:31 PM »
I have the same problem!!  It started firm today (implying my settings from yesterday or before should not have changed).

I reverted to iCam/iCamSource and everything appears as it should (at home and away)
Restarted iCamPro/iCamSource Pro and cannot view my cameras away from home.  So, it appears this is a "Pro" version issue.  As if the subscription purchase it not being recognized.

Mojojojo1977

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 03:20:10 AM »
This seemed to clear up for me after posting the other day but it seems to be doing it again today.

What is odd is that I have motion detection on, and both cameras keep notifying me of movement, but I cannot view them at all, I get one of them occasionally.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 09:02:55 AM »
I have the same problem!!  It started firm today (implying my settings from yesterday or before should not have changed).

I reverted to iCam/iCamSource and everything appears as it should (at home and away)
Restarted iCamPro/iCamSource Pro and cannot view my cameras away from home.  So, it appears this is a "Pro" version issue.  As if the subscription purchase it not being recognized.

The iCam Pro Service is required to connect to your cameras from outside of your local network and to receive notifications when motion or sound are detected, however certain setups may require additional configurations.

Did you try checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in iCamSource Pro?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 09:07:51 AM »
This seemed to clear up for me after posting the other day but it seems to be doing it again today.

What is odd is that I have motion detection on, and both cameras keep notifying me of movement, but I cannot view them at all, I get one of them occasionally.

If the auto-config router option is not working for you the next step is to manually configure your router for port forwarding. There’s more information about using port forwarding with iCamSource here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

If you prefer not to manually configure your router, we offer Proxy Support. More information about Proxy Support can be found on our Support Pages here: http://skjm.com/icampro/help/proxy.php

Even though you are not receiving video, receiving Push Notifications is common. The Push Notifications use the Apple Push Notification Service, while the iCam connections are direct connections between the phone and the computer, so they don’t really have anything to do with each other.

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 03:20:01 PM »
"The iCam Pro Service is required to connect to your cameras from outside of your local network and to receive notifications when motion or sound are detected, however certain setups may require additional configurations.

Did you try checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in iCamSource Pro?"

NO, I have not tried the Auto-Config Router checkbox (lately)!  Support coached me on manual configuration years ago, and those settings should still be valid (since things worked).

I know subscription service is required to see cameras "away from home" different networks; which is why I mentioned it appears iCam Pro/iCamSource Pro is not recognizing the purchase.

Everything works in iCam, everything worked in iCamPro until the CA storms.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 03:35:39 PM »
If iCam Pro did not "recognize" the purchase you would receive the No Sources Found Error, not the Source Connection Error.

Since you are receiving the Source Connection Error, the first step is to try the Auto-Config Router option. However, since you already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer’s web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Also, please send a screenshot of your router’s port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com, so we can verify the settings. Please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.