Author Topic: ICam Source Pro not working  (Read 4612 times)

pjw7805

• View Profile
ICam Source Pro not working
« on: December 07, 2014, 05:34:38 PM »
When I open ICam Source Pro and press start, a box pops up that says "ICam Source Pro has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." Then another box pops up that says, "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close  the program and notify you if a solution is available." This has been happening for the last three days.  >:(

dkb52

• View Profile
Re: ICam Source Pro not working
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 07:59:24 PM »
Not sure this will help; but I had the same problem.

The URL for my IP camera used "video.cgi"  I deleted the "cgi" part.  Upon starting iCamSource Pro again, the program added the "cgi" back, but all worked properly.

This issue returned twice, and was corrected using the method above, and has not returned recently.

pjw7805

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 11:27:08 AM »
Mine is a Logitech USB webcam.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 04:10:39 PM »
Are you able to see a feed from your camera via any other video capture software?

It’s possible that the registry key has somehow gotten into a bad state.

Please download and run (double-click) this file: http://skjm.com/icampro/CleaniCamProKey.reg

That will erase the current iCamSource settings in your registry. You will need to re-enter all of your settings, but hopefully the problem will be resolved if it’s due to a problem in the registry.

pjw7805

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 06:48:17 PM »
I have tried everything suggested and still my Icam Source Pro will stop working. I press Start and it takes about a minute while it's trying to connect to server then box pops up saying it has stopped working.  >:(

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 12:28:50 PM »
Please let me know if you are able to see a feed from your camera via any other video capture software.

Also, if iCamSource Pro is crashing, there should be crash logs.

The crash logs would be in:

/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports or /Users/<YourUsername>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you’re holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSourcepPro_<date_time>.crash.log. The crash logs should be there.

If you find crash logs, please send the most recent one to support@skjm.com. Also, reference your username and this post in your email.

pjw7805

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 04:47:56 PM »
Yes, I am able to view video with other video capture software.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 11:31:55 PM »
Did you get a chance to look for crash logs. Also, there may be some invalid raw video data that the app is having problems with creating a final webm video file, so I would suggest deleting any files in your iCamSource Pro’s Events Folder that are not webm files and hopefully that will resolve the crashing issue when launching iCamSource Pro.