Author Topic: New Camera - Gray Preferences View  (Read 3057 times)

dkb52

• View Profile
New Camera - Gray Preferences View
« on: November 26, 2014, 11:06:08 PM »
Due to an enormous amount of blowing rain, I had to replace one of my IP cameras.  After setting up the camera, running iCamSource Pro, I only "see" a gray screen in the preferences window ("connected to server," other cameras show correctly, no "errors" show).

I clicked on the "URL" link in the preferences; which suggested trying "snapshot.cgi" instead of "video.cgi."  Changing to snapshot did bring my camera view back in the preferences preview and iCamPro.  Sadly of course I lose audio using the snapshot setting.

Looking back at my camera, I discovered it only has "VGA" and "QVGA" resolution settings (instead of 320x240 etc.). So it would appear iCamSource Pro (video.cgi) does not know how to interpret the data from the new camera.

HELP!  Audio is important in that monitored area.

Camera is a WANSVIEW, "L" series.  The "B" series cameras work fine.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Camera - Gray Preferences View
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 12:36:54 AM »
Unfortunately, IP camera audio output is often different for different Brands/Models of camera (unlike video output), so we can only support audio on camera models that we’ve actually tested with.

Audio support for WiFi Network IP cameras is discussed here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=1416.0

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »
Audio&Video   Resolution   640*480/320*240/160*120            
   Video compression   MJPEG            
   Max FPS   30FPS            
   Bitrate   5Mbps            
   Picture rotation   Mirror/flip            
   OSD   support            
   Audio compression   ADPCM            
Internet   Basic protocol   TCP/IP、UDP/IP、HTTP、SMTP、FTP、DHCP、DDNS、UPNP、NTP、802.11bgn            
   Other protocol   P2P            

I appreciate "no audio" especially since I have to use "snapshot.cgi" instead of "Video.cgi."

Still have my 1st problem of preferences preview is gray instead of showing camera view using "video.cgi"  I guess "video" should be there as the "L" series and "B" series support MJPEG compression.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 01:37:18 PM »
We haven’t tested with that particular camera, but if it outputs MJPEG formatted data, it’ll probably work with iCamSource.

When you run iCamSource, you’ll need to select the "Ethernet /Wi-Fi" tab because the camera is a network camera, not a USB camera. Then, enter the MJPEG or JPEG URL for your camera.

If the MJPEG or JPEG URL isn’t something that can be found by searching around with Google or by contacting their support, we actually have another solution available, although it is currently in its very preliminary stages, and that is: http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg_test.php

When you enter the camera’s IP address and port into that web page, it will attempt to connect to the camera using all of the common MJPEG and JPEG URLs that we are aware of. If any of the URLs produce an image, then that is the URL to use in iCamSource.

If your camera requires a login and password, you can enter them in that webpage right before the address: login:password@Camera_address

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 03:41:24 PM »
Thank You, for the extra look and information.

The Wansview "L" series camera seems to work with iCamPro, iCamSourcePro using the following URL suffix:
/snapshot.cgi, /user/videostream.cgi, and /videostream.cgi

Audio is not critical since I will swap this camera with one where I do not need audio at this time.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 01:55:34 AM »
I’m glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.