Author Topic: Icam Pro for Android  (Read 7721 times)

Nelson0000

• View Profile
Icam Pro for Android
« on: November 02, 2014, 03:58:49 AM »
Hi Any update when this will be available for Android

Thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Icam Pro for Android
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 12:01:55 PM »
Unfortunately, we do not have a specific timeline for release.

darkrider635

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 08:54:24 AM »
not enough infos as to why the long delay getting this onto androids devices ? what seems to be the problem ? please input more 411 as to why this isnt getting done , thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 11:24:48 PM »
Software development takes time. The iOS version of iCam Pro took many many months of development before it was released. The Android version is also going to take time to get it right, since it is a completely different platform.

ApexAftermath

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 05:40:28 PM »
Came looking here to ask this exact question. I refuse to pay 5 dollars for the current Android app if you guys are just going to release a new version soon anyways and ask for another payment on that app.

Any rough idea how many weeks/months until you get this on android? If you can't even estimate a rough timeline for this I will just have to look into another solution. You should make the current android app free until the new one is ready for prime time.

EDIT: I'm finding that I already have everything I need to do this myself using teamviewer. Your app might be slightly more convenient but it's all for nothing with the issues noted above. Just frustrating to see how typical it is for iOS apps to come out right away with Android always lagging way behind despite being way more widely used worldwide. That combined with you guys still asking for $5 for the old app when you plan to deploy a new one and ask for more money just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 05:51:41 PM by ApexAftermath »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 12:06:12 PM »
We still do not have a timeline for the Android version of iCam Pro, however iCam Pro isn’t replacing the original iCam and the original iCam will continue to be supported and updated.

ahakobyan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 02:42:53 PM »
any news on android app?

darkrider635

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 06:41:41 AM »
still hasnt gotten it to go with android , no new updates on icam or be able to use it on android either, u needed to hire someone that can do the job better and faster , this is taking way too long

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 10:52:05 PM »
Work has started on iCam Pro for Android, but at the moment it is not our top development priority.

scrnchr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 06:01:50 PM »
Hello, new iCam user and really liking it.  I recently upgraded my internet speed to 5 Mbps up, so I think it will handle multiple HD webcams.  So...

It's been over 3 months since there was a post in this thread, so I think it's legit to ask how iCam Pro for Android is coming along.  Any idea on a release date yet?

Thank you.

scrnchr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 06:31:48 PM »
No reply after a full day?  Maybe I'm misunderstanding this forum--is there a more official mechanism to ask support questions?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 04:29:01 AM »
We are currently focusing on bringing Apple Watch support to iCam Pro for iOS, so there is currently no update available for a release date for iCam Pro for Android.

scrnchr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 05:19:10 PM »
Thank you for the reply.

I'm surprised that there is more business opportunity in the Apple Watch than in iCam Pro for Android, but I don't want to tell you how to run your business.  Please just know that there appears to be a lot of interest in iCam Pro for Android.  I for one cannot wait to upgrade to it and then to upgrade to HD webcams.  Thanks for all your efforts on this really well-done webcam package.  :)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 11:55:18 AM »
Thank you for your post and feedback. iCam Pro for Android is currently in development. Unfortunately, we do not have a release date at this time.

ahakobyan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 04:14:50 PM »
I too don't get the point of making an app for iwatch and not working on Android app... that sucks.

I am a paying customer of icam pro, but currently looking for another solution, since I have more android devices than apple.

Sucks to see icam pro be so slow.