Author Topic: Running iCamSource Pro on Yosemite GM 3 build - only 1 of 3 cameras show in iOS app  (Read 4192 times)

ckuehne

• View Profile
Using the same settings as iCamSource (and seeing all three cameras in the iOS app), I can see all three of my cameras with iCamSource Pro - it looks like it's working perfectly.  However, I can only see one of the three cameras inside the iCam Pro app on my iPhone 6 and iPad Air, running iOS 8.0.2.  I noticed the last version of the iCam Pro app was released before iOS 8 was released, and I'm wondering if it's just an issue of updating the app?  I love the features, and would love to use it, but I'm unable to.

Thank you for your time.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource Pro before clicking the Start button? If that doesn’t work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource Pro with that option enabled.

Our iCam Pro Help Troubleshooting section also contains some additional information about what to try when you are unable to connect from outside of your local WiFi network: http://skjm.com/icampro/help/troubleshooting.php#icam3

ckuehne

• View Profile
The Auto-Config Router was already checked, and it says "NAT-PMP Success 13002 -> 13002

The thing is - I can always connect to iCamSource Pro from outside my network, what I'm not understanding is why only one of my three camera appears in the iOS app, when all three appear in iCamSource Pro.  I have no issues, at all, seeing all three cameras in iCamSource (no-pro)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Please re-enter the iCam login and password for the two cameras that aren’t working. The login/password for each camera is stored separately, so it is possible for them to get out of sync.

ckuehne

• View Profile
Ah! I had not realized that every camera had its own login - everything is now working. Thank you!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I’m glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.

theboyk

• View Profile
Please re-enter the iCam login and password for the two cameras that aren’t working. The login/password for each camera is stored separately, so it is possible for them to get out of sync.

Is there a reason for this?
If the iOS app supported multiple passwords, this feature would be amazing as I would be able to monitor different locations—home and work—without having to constantly log out/in to change viewable locations on iOS, but from what I can tell, the iOS app only supports a single login? Is there any plans on supporting multiple logins in the iOS app (to go along with multiple logins in iCam Source)?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You can view multiple cameras from different computers simultaneously if you use the exact same login and password for all of the cameras. When you use that same login/password in iCam on your iPhone, it will show all of the cameras that are using that exact login/password.