Author Topic: iCamWebPro?  (Read 2898 times)

ProfessorM

• View Profile
iCamWebPro?
« on: October 19, 2014, 05:07:39 AM »
Folks - I have been using iCam Source (and iCam on my iOS devices) for years, and my wife uses  iCamWeb to view our cameras in the kitchen in Safari with Java.  When I upgraded to Yosemite, I also upgraded to iCamPro and was wondering if there is a iCamWebPro in the works? Just want a way to see my cameras on a Mac like  I used to do with iCamWeb.  Thanks.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamWebPro?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 06:54:35 PM »
ProfessorM is receiving support via email.

nswilliams

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 07:04:09 PM »
I asked the samething few months ago. I ended up running both version of iCam and iCamPro on my server (Windows). But only use iCamPro client on iPhone/iPad. And I use web browser at work which connects to iCam on server. Works pretty good so far. But double CPU stresses (i.e. 4 streams each program). The motion detection and recordings are off in iCam server as it is not needed.

Hopefully there will be iCamWebPro soon.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 08:21:10 PM »
iCamWeb Pro is currently being developed. Unfortunately, we do not have a timeline for its release.

nswilliams

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 07:04:56 AM »
Any possibility to reuse existing iCam server source code in the consumer's server program. No changes needed on your server end. It would look exactly the same for web browser.

If you want to polish up more for web access, save it for 2.0 release. Provide old access now for web users.

Possible?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 11:39:03 AM »
Unfortunately, the current iCamWeb can’t use the streams from iCamSource Pro because the Pro version uses a more advanced video encoding.