Author Topic: iCam and iOS 8 issue  (Read 4181 times)

wrighty208

• View Profile
iCam and iOS 8 issue
« on: September 15, 2014, 08:34:17 AM »
Hi,
There appears to be an issue with icam and iOS 8 GM (fresh install) on iphone 5.

Once you enter the log in details (I use auto zoom) and click done, you can never get back to the info page to change any options (the 'i' symbol disappears).

Also, the page width seems wrong but is resolved by turning the phone around 180 degrees.

Thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam and iOS 8 issue
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 10:54:17 AM »
We submitted an update to iCam shortly after the GM was released to address this bug in iOS 8 and are currently waiting for Apple to approve it.

geezfools

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 11:37:03 AM »
Can't get iCam or iCam Pro to work on my iPhone 6. Seems to still work with the 5s on iOS7 though. Hoping the fix comes through soon :)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 05:12:17 PM »
It's working fine on my iPhone 6/iOS 8...but I restored from a backup, which included my login information. The only issue is the one the OP posted.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 06:13:04 PM »
We're still waiting for Apple to review the update to iCam that fixes the UI issue, but it looks like if you rotate the phone to the opposite landscape orientation (causing the user interface to rotate as well) the "i" button shows up.

Just one of a number of weird little glitches in iOS 8, unfortunately.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 07:01:35 PM »
I posted too soon...I can connect over the cell network without issue, but it times out when my phone is connected to my home Wi-Fi (the same network the icamsource is on). This issue didn't exist on my old phone (3GS...yes, I went 6 years before upgrading my phone), as I was able to connect flawlessly from both the cell network and my home Wi-Fi. Nothing changed other than the device that iCam is running on...no network changes. Any ideas?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 08:01:06 PM »
Does your router have a "guest" WiFi network in addition to the main network? Routers with guest networks usually restrict devices that connect through it from communicating with one another.

Additionally, if your computer perhaps has more than one internal IP address associated with it (if it has more than one network adapter or is connected via both ethernet and WiFi) then that could cause some confusion in the app.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 09:59:25 PM »
Thank you Stefan. No guest network and computer is assigned a single static IP address (only one network adapter, no WiFi).

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 08:22:48 AM »
Do you still have your old iPhone to see if you are still able to connect from that device?

Are you seeing the Source Connection Error when you are unable to connect from your local network?

You could try unplugging and re-plugging in your router, just to see if it may have gotten into a strange state.

If you are still unable to connect, if you could visit http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and email us at support@skjm.com what your external IP address is we can try and find it in our logs to troubleshoot.