Author Topic: Why doesn't the app let me see feed while not on WIFI?  (Read 3369 times)

courtneyf

• View Profile
Why doesn't the app let me see feed while not on WIFI?
« on: September 02, 2014, 02:14:35 PM »
I am at the end of my rope and angry.  >:(  What is it with this new Pro version? 

First of all, send out an e-mail when you're completely changing a product I'm using.  I all of a sudden couldn't view anything while away from home.  I'm on a Macbook Pro and iPhone 5s. 

Why is this???????  I'm in tears trying to make this thing work.  I don't get it.  It doesn't log pictures and I can't see the feed unless I'm on the same WIFI as my iSight that is being used on the computer running the software.  Ridiculous.  Anyone that can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Why doesn't the app let me see feed while not on WIFI?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »
I am at the end of my rope and angry.  >:(  What is it with this new Pro version? 

First of all, send out an e-mail when you're completely changing a product I'm using.  I all of a sudden couldn't view anything while away from home.  I'm on a Macbook Pro and iPhone 5s. 

Why is this???????  I'm in tears trying to make this thing work.  I don't get it.  It doesn't log pictures and I can't see the feed unless I'm on the same WIFI as my iSight that is being used on the computer running the software.  Ridiculous.  Anyone that can help, I'd really appreciate it.

First off, my apologies for the confusion and the tears! :(

iCam Pro is a separate app from the original iCam. iCam Pro is similar to iCam in that it allows you to view your webcams from your phone, but the two apps use very different audio and video compression algorithms, so they are completely separate. iCam Pro also has some additional features and functionality, as seen in this comparison chart: http://skjm.com/icam/

The original iCam app is still fully available and functional, so you do not need to use iCam Pro if you do not want to, or if iCam already suits your needs. You can re-download iCam to your phone if you deleted it (as well as the original iCamSource to your computer) and things should continue working without issue.

As for "sending out an email" that you mentioned, Apple doesn't give app developers the contact information of our app users, just in case you were wondering.

If you are wanting to use iCam Pro from outside of your local network, you do need to either purchase a monthly service subscription or the one-time lifetime purchase. iCam Pro is free on the App Store, and allows you to connect via local WiFi only for free. To connect from outside of your local network the iCam Pro Service does need to be purchased.

But again, if the original iCam was working for you, you can still continue using it.

courtneyf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 07:37:01 PM »
Went to Advanced: selected Set up UDP Port Forward Range and changed that config. with my router. 

Then it worked...Ah, but not with syncing to Box.  Then I discovered that it's not taking pictures like it used to.  It's taking video clips.  Why did this change??????

By they way, I'm using iCam Pro Service Lifetime option.  On both my iPhone and Macbook Pro. 

So am I not seeing something or are the video clips something I have to deal with now.  It takes video clips that take a ton of space on my Box storage.  (Where I have it recording motions and sounds)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 06:01:24 AM »
Yes, one of the features of iCam Pro is that it records videos with sound as opposed to the still images that the original iCam recorded.

Went to Advanced: selected Set up UDP Port Forward Range and changed that config. with my router. 

Then it worked...Ah, but not with syncing to Box.  Then I discovered that it's not taking pictures like it used to.  It's taking video clips.  Why did this change??????

By they way, I'm using iCam Pro Service Lifetime option.  On both my iPhone and Macbook Pro. 

So am I not seeing something or are the video clips something I have to deal with now.  It takes video clips that take a ton of space on my Box storage.  (Where I have it recording motions and sounds)