Author Topic: iCam Source on 2 Macs, Can't connect to both at same time  (Read 3347 times)

ajheyer

• View Profile
iCam Source on 2 Macs, Can't connect to both at same time
« on: January 03, 2010, 07:27:28 PM »
I've got iCam Source installed on 2 different Macs, iMac at 10.4.11 with USB webcam and MacBookPro at 10.5.8 using iSight built in.
Each of them will work individually if I have the other iCam Source shut-down, but if I have both "on", I get error that one "can't connect"

Suggestions?

I notice that in the lower left corner of the Preferences window there's a label saying "Num connected: 0".
What is meaning of that?  Is that a clue to problem?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Jim

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCam Source on 2 Macs, Can't connect to both at same time
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 09:53:47 PM »
Are you using the same login and password for both iCamSources and iCam?

ajheyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 07:19:19 AM »
Thanks for your reply.
Problem seems to have cleared except for "Num Connected: 0".  Don't know why that shows "0" when 2 are working? 
Not sure what cleared the "can't connect" itself.  I had same ID and password on all.

I did have an extra copy of iCam Source on the Mac laptop that I had experimented with to also connect a Firewire DV camera. (that worked individually also)

It appears when I disconnected the Firewire, the selection in Source reverted back to "built-in iSight" on it's own.  Even though that copy wasn't open at the time, I'm wondering if that wasn't confusing something by having two copies of Source, one Open, one Closed, both with the same Camera selection?

If you can explain the "Num Connected: 0" thing I'd appreciate that.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 11:05:31 AM »
The "Num Connected" refers to the number of iCams currently connected to the iCamSource. Once you disconnect from iCam it might take up to 30 seconds or so for the iCamSource to realize that the iCam is gone, but that is what the "Num Connected" value is for.

ajheyer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 12:39:27 PM »
Thanks.