Author Topic: "Connecting ..."  (Read 2173 times)

buckeyepetey

• View Profile
"Connecting ..."
« on: August 07, 2014, 10:59:34 AM »
I installed software on my laptop running Win 7 with an integrated camera.  When started I received the infinite "Connecting ..."

I have tried rebooting, starting and stopping, closing and reopening and disabling the firewall but continue to get the infinite "Connecting ..."

I have MS Forefront Endpoint antivirus/spam running ... is this causing the issue or some other?

I am also using a wireless home network that goes through a new Comcast wireless router recently sent to me.  Is this where the issue may be?

Little help?  Anyone?  Please?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: "Connecting ..."
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »
buckeyepetey is receiving support via email.

buckeyepetey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 12:32:08 PM »
i received one e-mail telling me to disable the firewall that in my initial e-mail I indicated that I had already done.  i suspect it is my router and something to do with the ports or security on the router?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 04:49:42 PM »
Please disable any firewall settings on your router.

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and send your external IP address to support@skjm.com so we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.