Author Topic: Icam crashing when trying to load Lifecam VX-3000  (Read 3610 times)

jtboy

• View Profile
Icam crashing when trying to load Lifecam VX-3000
« on: August 02, 2014, 10:45:30 PM »
Hello.

I have a big problem that I hope gets solved. I was running the original iCam software and app for 2 years with a setup of a Logitech HD USB cam, a foscam and a Microsoft VX-3000 cam that I weather proofed and mounted on my front porch to see who is at my door. This all worked until I upgraded and payed for iCam pro. When icam pro server starts up on my windows 7 machine, it crashes and I get a popup that iCamSourcePro.exe has crashed. Now if I remove the webcam and the microphone for that Lifecam, my other two cams boot up and run just fine. But as soon as I try to add the audio or video stream from the lifecam, it crashes.

Please help me fix this as I have wanted video/audio recording for such a long time and this is the most important camera on my setup.

Steps I have tried to take to fix the issue:
Ran source as admin
Removed and re-installed webcam driver
ran source in compatibility mode
downloaded ManyCam and tried to clone the lifecam, still crashed trying to load manycam driver
messed with firewall to allow all icam connections

And it still is crashing. Like I said before, the regular version of icam loads this camera just fine.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Icam crashing when trying to load Lifecam VX-3000
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 01:26:59 PM »
Thank you for your post.

If iCamSource is crashing, there should be crash logs. The crash log can be found by opening Windows Explorer and typing “%localappdata%” in the top bar (without the quotes). That will open the AppData folder. There should be a folder in the AppData folder called “iCamSourcePro” with a text file called “iCamSourceCrashLog.txt”.

Please send that to support@skjm.com Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.