Author Topic: Feature Suggestions: Mass delete  (Read 3580 times)

aen333

• View Profile
Feature Suggestions: Mass delete
« on: December 31, 2009, 09:27:22 PM »
I am absolutly loving this app but I have 2 feature suggestions. First, on the iPhone I would love to see a mass delete feature for motion events like in mail where you hit edit or whatever and check the check boxes you want to delete and hit the delete button.  Also, I would like a feature in preferences on the computer (and the iPhone preferably) that deletes files older than certain increments of time(1 day, 2 days, a weak, a month).  It has just become troublesome to do this manually especially since I have 3 cams running on 3 different computers. I could really use some more automation. Actually there is one more thing I would like to suggest but this is just an idea, it would be helpful to me at least if you could select an area of the image that you want to be motion detectable and the rest either less sensitive or undetectable. This is only because I have one of my cameras pointing at my long driveway which is hard to view fully without viewing the road but i am not sure if others would find this useful. Anyway thanks for a great app and keep the innovation coming! ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 09:34:41 PM by aen333 »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Suggestions: Mass delete
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 12:14:23 PM »
Thanks for the great feedback. :)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 05:34:01 AM »
I second this suggested feature. Really, one could write a very simple batch file and use task scheduler to run that batch file every week or whatever. But it would be nice to have features incorporated into the icamsource software (delete images every so often) and into the icam app (mass delete). If anyone is interested in the batch file route, copy and paste the one line of code below into Notepad...then save it as motiondelete.bat (change "save as type" to "All files" before clicking save). Then use Windows Task Scheduler to execute the batch file every desired increment of time.

rmdir /s /q "C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\My Videos\[folder named with long number]"

For example, my code is as follows. Note that my images are saved on a different drive/directory and in my dropbox folder (for automatic--and free--offsite backup of motion images, go to dropbox.com). If you delete the images from your dropbox folder, they are also automatically deleted from the dropbox server...just a warning.

rmdir /s /q "H:\My Documents\My Dropbox\Photos\1111A1A11A111A111A11AA1111AAAA111111A111"

I do not run my batch file automatically in case someone breaks in moments before my computer is scheduled to delete all of the images. But I have the batch file on my desktop so I can run it when I know it's safe to do so. Once the directory is deleted, icamsource will automatically recreate the directory (with the same name/number) when the next motion is detected. Hope this helps!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 11:51:53 AM »
Currently the iCamSource will delete images once it reaches the storage "Limit" that is set in the iCamSource Preferences window. By default it is 500 MB.

The next version of iCam that is currently being beta tested does have the ability to Delete All the Motion Events on the iCamSource from iCam ... Multi-delete functionality on iCam (similar to the iPhone's Mail application) is going to require further interface development, so it will most likely be included in a future release.