Author Topic: iCamSource Pro 1.3.4 BETA Released with H.264/MPEG-4 Support  (Read 32645 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource Pro 1.3.4 BETA Released with H.264/MPEG-4 Support
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2019, 07:15:45 PM »
We're currently trying to track down one final issue, where the recorded videos don't include audio ... So yes, still working on it. :)

Thanks again for your patience!

Pontihog

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2019, 08:57:37 AM »
We're currently trying to track down one final issue, where the recorded videos don't include audio ... So yes, still working on it. :)

Thanks again for your patience!

Any updates?

Thanks

jgordon

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2019, 01:07:45 PM »
Im trying to set up a Foscam FI9805P H.264 camera with iCamSource Pro 1.3.4.7. The camera is working on the Foscam camera logon page. I have tried using the "rtsp://x.x.x.x:port/videoMain" URL and user name and password in the boxes on the page but get a Network Camera Offline screen with a "openinputStreamWithURL ERROR - Server returned 404 Not Found (-875574520) message
Anyone have a different URL to try or any suggestions?

jgordon

jgordon

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2019, 03:18:05 PM »
I noticed that I didn't capitalize the M in the videoMain part of the URL. After correcting that the camera works fine.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2020, 07:29:09 PM »
The Windows beta version of H.264/MPEG-4 support is now available here: https://skjm.com/icampro/iCamSourceProRTSP.zip

The download is a zip file containing the iCamSource Pro executable and several library files.  You can extract the zip file anywhere on your computer.  It will create a directory called "iCamSourceProRTSP" which contains several .dll files and an executable file named "WiniCamSource.exe".  Double click the executable file to launch the program.

Note: This beta version of iCamSource Pro requires software libraries from Microsoft.  These libraries are required by lots of programs, so some of you will already have them installed.  If this version of iCamSource Pro crashes when you launch it, that probably means those libraries aren't on your computer.  In that case, you can install the required libraries directly from Microsoft here: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

If you have any problems with the installation instructions or with the beta version itself, please let us know in this thread.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 09:24:00 PM by Stefan »

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2020, 04:41:45 PM »
I'm still not holding my jaw correctly!
If I use the old URL of http://X.x.x.:port/video.cgi I get the 404 error (expected)

If I use rtsp://x.x.x.x.:port/videoMain I get can't connect to IP network camera)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2020, 09:00:32 AM »
I just saw the Windows Beta (I'm running updated Windows 10 Pro, which was upgraded from Windows 7) and got it installed last night! I do have an issue. I'm not receiving notifications for motion/sound events on my phone. Additionally, I noticed that the notification option automatically disables itself in iCamsource. This occurred both before and after I connected to iCamsource through the iCam app on my phone (fully-updated Pixel 3XL).

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2020, 02:56:21 PM »
I just saw the Windows Beta (I'm running updated Windows 10 Pro, which was upgraded from Windows 7) and got it installed last night! I do have an issue. I'm not receiving notifications for motion/sound events on my phone. Additionally, I noticed that the notification option automatically disables itself in iCamsource. This occurred both before and after I connected to iCamsource through the iCam app on my phone (fully-updated Pixel 3XL).

The notification option disabling itself means that our server doesn't know of any mobile devices running iCam Pro associated with your login / password to send notifications to, so it responds to the iCamSource Pro to disable the setting so that it doesn't keep sending notifications that aren't going to be sent anywhere.

If you try changing your login / password both on your phone running iCam Pro and your computer running the iCamSource Pro, and you successfully connect to it when your phone is not connected to the same local WiFi network (to confirm that the iCamSource Pro is communicating with our server) then see if you can then receive notifications.

If not, we can look further into it and try to reproduce the issue on our end.

jayseaman

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2020, 11:08:13 AM »
I purchased 2 new Amcrest cameras. The IP3m-941W is working fine with the current version of iCam Source Pro Beta 1.3.4.7. The second camera, model IP3M-956EB causes an immediate crash with the access url of

RTSP:// ipadress

I am able to connect to this camera from the web browser. If I open ipaddess/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi in my browser I do indeed see the snapshot. With this URL in iCam Source Pro, i receive 401 - authentication failure.

I've also tried ipaddress /axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi as suggested in the list of Amcrest URL posted in an earlier post (ispy), but that says 404 Not Found from the browser

I'll upload the crashlog to support

Any advice is appreciated - thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2020, 02:07:19 PM »
We have a test build available that may help with your crashing issue: https://skjm.com/icampro/iCamSourcePro1.3.4.9.dmg

Please let us know if that helps.

jayseaman

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2020, 05:18:32 PM »
Hi - thanks for the prompt fix on the crashing! That indeed worked.

PTZ is not working on the IP3M-941 using the rtsp API
The Console shows "Unknown Audio Codec:AAC" on that camera as well. I changed the Audio Encoding on the Camera to G.711A and that error went away. The talk-back feature talks back to the iCamSource Pro server, not the camera. That isn't what I expected. The microphone from the camera does seem to be audible on the Icam Pro client.

Thanks again !

Do you have a list of cameras that are known to work with the H.264, PTZ and Audio?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2020, 03:34:29 PM »
We developed RTSP support with the Amcrest IP2M-841B ProHD 1080P camera, including PTZ support. It is odd that the same functionality doesn't appear to work for the IP3M-941 that you are using, as it should be standard. I am assuming that Amcrest has not been consistent with their interface, unfortunately.

As for the talkback functionality, yes, the audio does go back to the computer running the iCamSource Pro. We do not yet support talkback audio going back to the IP camera at this time.

joxbshot2873

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2020, 10:59:08 PM »
Since I updated to this, I am no longer able to login to my Mac's iCamSource Pro via my iCam Pro App.  Note: Should I be using iCamSource Pro App instead?  I had no idea I was using iCam Pro App all these times.. does this matter at all though?  And when I looked into the iCamSource Pro App.. it would cost $6. to get?  Shouldn't this be free download since I have purchased and using iCamSource Pro for many years now. 

Error Message:  No Lan Sources Found
But my Mac's iCamSource Pro is up and running no problem.
Login and pw are all matched both Mac and iCam Pro App.

Please kindly advice for the right fix.
Thanks!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2020, 09:12:37 AM »
iCam Pro on your mobile device connects to the iCamSource Pro running on a Mac or Windows PC, or to the iCamSource Pro Mobile running on another mobile device. (iCam Pro is used to view iCamSource Pro cameras.)

Are you attempting to connect from the same local WiFi network, or when you are away from home?