Author Topic: No sound!  (Read 6669 times)

ZedsDead

• View Profile
No sound!
« on: March 16, 2014, 06:13:43 PM »
So, I've installed iCamSource on an a MacBook Pro running 10.4 (Tiger) and am not receiving sound on either my iPhone or iPad.

My iCamSource Preferences are as follows:
Audio: Built in Input
Video: Built in iSight
Android: Unchecked

I've opened my System Preferences for Sound to verify
1) That the internal microphone is selected
2) That the internal microphone's sensitivity is turned all the way up
I also opened garage band and made a short test message to confirm that the microphone is working (it is).

My iCam options (on both the iPad and iPhone) are as follows:
Audio: On
Auto Zoom: On
High Res: Off
Auto-Lock: On
Display Cam Info: On

I am aware that there is no sound in preview mode, however there is still no sound in the zoomed-in mode either.

I've read several other complaints from last year and earlier which appear to be the same issue, however no solution was discussed. Has this issue been resolved? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

ZedsDead

• View Profile
Re: No sound!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 06:23:14 PM »
I also deleted my com.skjm.icamsource.plist file - and started anew with new preferences... No luck.

ZedsDead

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 06:25:05 PM »
And no, neither my iPhone or iPad are on "silent".

Hmm....

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 11:01:10 PM »
Are there any of the other inputs listed in the Audio drop-down menu that have ‘mic’ or ‘microphone’ in the name?

ZedsDead

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 03:35:30 PM »
Thanks for responding!

The Audio drop-down menu has the following items:
1 - Built-in Input
2 - Built-in Microphone
3 - No Audio

I have #2, Built-in Microphone selected.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 05:02:07 AM »
When you are zoomed in and you turn your iPhone’s volume all the way up using the buttons on the side of your phone, does it say "Ringer" under the volume adjustment icon that appears on the iPhone’s screen?

ZedsDead

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 06:38:05 PM »
That's correct, actually - it does say "Ringer" when I try to adjust the sound level on the iPhone. Does that mean that sound is not being transmitted? I'm assuming that you would expect it to say "volume" if everything was functioning correctly... What would you suggest at this point?

ZedsDead

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 06:44:25 PM »
ALSO - I purchased iCam for my iPad as well and it seems that isn't functioning correctly either.  :(

On the iPad, when I zoom in on the iCam, the image freezes and the application on the macbook quits. Any suggestions on troubleshooting that?

Off I go to search for solutions, any help you might have to offer is appreciated.

ZedsDead

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 06:54:49 PM »
Enabling 'Public Proxy' didn't cure the problem with my iPad. I continue to get a "Source Connection Error".

FYI: I'm running both the macbook and iPad on my home wireless network (an Apple Airport) without any aftermarket Security Software. Also, the firewall is currently 'off'.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:12:12 PM by ZedsDead »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 12:33:54 PM »
“Ringer” means that audio is not being sent to the phone. Please go to your Mac’s Settings program and go to Sound -> Input page and select the same device you have selected in iCamSource. Make sure the Input Level indicator bar shows sound being recorded when you make noise.

Regarding your iPad issues, does iCamSource crash on the mac book every time or do you see the Source Connection Error?

ZedsDead

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 01:19:23 PM »
Ok, I've opened my System Preferences for Sound to verify...

1) That the internal microphone is selected as the input (the same device I have selected in iCamSource).
2) That the internal microphone's sensitivity is turned all the way up, and
3) that the Input Level indicator bar shows sound being recorded when I make noise.

Also, as I mentioned on March 16th - I also opened garage band and made a short test message to confirm that the microphone is working (it is).

For the iPad issue: To answer your question... Both. Everytime I zoom in, iCamSource crashes on the macbook - and - the iPad shows a Source Connection Error message.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 07:06:41 AM »
We have a test we’d like you to try. Please send an email to support@skjm.com and refer to the forum thread in your email.

In your email, please include a screenshot of the iCamSource preference pane, so we can verify the settings.

ZedsDead

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 11:19:22 PM »
Ok, no problem! I'll grab that screen shot and send an email over tomorrow morning - thanks again!!

ZedsDead

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 03:26:15 PM »
Hey guys! it's all set up and ready for your test - let me know what you need me to do next!

Thanks once again!

ZedsDead

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 09:21:19 PM »
Any word on your test yet?  8)