Author Topic: "Talk" to iCam Source (via command line)?  (Read 2170 times)

theboyk

• View Profile
"Talk" to iCam Source (via command line)?
« on: January 22, 2014, 02:16:21 PM »
As I require a little more control over when iCam Source is running, via a schedule, I've written a small AppleScript application that allows me to set a schedule for when the app is activate/inactive (for example, if only want it running when I'm away from home, during the week). This worked out great, but the one issue I had was that sometimes I'd need to override the schedule (for example, if I was away for the weekend, or came home early, etc.). So, I've written a small Universal iOS app that basically lets me remotely enable/disable iCam Source from my iPhone/iPad.

Anyway, I'm going to be incorporating some additional functionality into the app (to manage the schedules) and it got me thinking—is there any baked-in way to communicate with iCam Source from the command line? Right now, it's all-or-nothing (aka iCam Source is either on or off) and was wondering if there'd be a way to enable/disable individual feeds (for example, keep the camera in my garage running while disabling the feeds from the rest of the house). That kinda thing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kristin.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "Talk" to iCam Source (via command line)?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 05:58:40 PM »
iCamSource doesn't have any command line arguments, but it does store it's settings in the com.skjm.icamsource.plist file in your Library/Preferences folder in your home folder.

If you are running Lion+ it hides the ~/Library directory for some reason. You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you’re holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose Library, then open the Preferences folder. The plist file will be in there.

If you have Mac OS X Mavericks, then this solution won't work as well for you because Mavericks caches the old plist settings and doesn't reload the new plist settings until the computer is rebooted.  Older versions of Mac OS X just require you to quit and re-launch iCamSource to load the new plist settings.