Author Topic: Motion events/Push Notifications  (Read 2340 times)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Motion events/Push Notifications
« on: January 06, 2014, 09:18:27 AM »
It seems like this question has been answered before, but I couldn't find it...

What is the minimum amount of time between 2 push notifications for motion events on one camera? And is this time adjustable? I ask this question because I've noticed that I have a number of recorded motion events that have met the notification threshold (more than x number of frames of motion), but I am not receiving anywhere near the number of push notifications that I should be receiving. These recorded events which meet the notification threshold are often separated by 10+ minutes, so it seems like I should be receiving push notifications for them. Is there a log of push notification requests made by icamsource?

As far as I can tell, this issue seems to only occur on one of my 4 IP cameras, which is strange. The other cameras deliver notifications as expected when the threshold is met.

Thanks!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Motion events/Push Notifications
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 10:41:18 AM »
Push notifications are sent, at most, once every minute.

Once motion is detected and a notification is sent, the iCamSource will not send another notification when motion is next detected unless 60 seconds have elapsed since the last notification was sent.

Do you perhaps have the Notification Threshold for that camera set to a value higher than 1?

The recorded motion event threshold is a separate setting than the notification threshold, so knowing what both values are for that camera would help determine what might be causing the issue: http://skjm.com/icam/help/motion_detection.php#advanced