Author Topic: IP-CAMERA-ID002A  (Read 21404 times)

j4rbo

• View Profile
IP-CAMERA-ID002A
« on: March 02, 2014, 03:04:38 PM »
Hi

Please can someone tell me how the Motion Detection work.

At the moment I have this ticked and selected in red the times I would like the Motion Detection to start and stop rather than on 24/7. Basically I want this to start detecting whilst no one is in at home, not whilst we're in.

I have configured this to work via ftp to my Raspberry PI device so that the Raspberry PI can send all the images to my Dropbox, works superbly without the need for iCam Source software. I can also control the camera via my iPhone, iPad and computer (work).

Although it would be excellent if the set times actually works for Motion Detection. Is this a bug?? Otherwise I see no point having those weekdays and times if it's not going to work.

Please help me!!

Thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: IP-CAMERA-ID002A
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 09:01:36 PM »
Scheduling does not turn "ON" immediately upon launch.

The Schedule entries can best be thought of like this:
"On this day (or these days), at this time, make sure that the Send Push Notifications and Record Motion Events checkboxes are checked (or unchecked)"
So, for example, if you wanted a camera to always Record Motion Events but only Send Push Notifications every weekday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm you would create the two entries shown on our Support Pages here: http://skjm.com/icam/help/motion_detection.php#scheduling