Author Topic: Icamsource keeps crashing on multiple Macs  (Read 15578 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Icamsource keeps crashing on multiple Macs
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 03:03:52 PM »
I'm having the same issue. I deleted the plist files and restarted the mac. It worked fine for a little while and then quit. Same thing again this morning.

Thank you for the crash logs. It looks like it is an issue with your Mac's graphics driver. Have you since tried updating your Mac to OS X 10.9.1 to see if that fixes the issue?

If updating to 10.9.1 does not fix the issue, do you see the problem when only connecting to one Foscam camera? Are you using a JPEG or MJPEG URL with your cameras?

turbs

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 10:25:30 AM »
I updated this morning. I'll keep my eyes on it and my fingers crossed. But no issues in the last hour....

Thanks!

demaier

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 06:25:01 PM »
The same is happening to me. Leave the program opened and after few hours and few connections the whole thing crashes and closes it.

Any fixes yet?

artwindows

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 06:51:45 PM »
I thought I had fixed it by deleting the plist file and then I had to put in all the info again.. It worked for a while, but then started to close by itself later in the day.. crashed or something.. I don't know, but it quits at some point.

I haven't had time to redo the plist again, but that's what I will try eventually.. I'm on 10.9.1 now.. but I may have still been on 10.9 when I fixed it the first time.. so maybe redoing the plist with it already on 10.9.1 will do the trick.. 

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 11:10:18 PM »
The same is happening to me. Leave the program opened and after few hours and few connections the whole thing crashes and closes it.

Any fixes yet?

If the iCamSource is crashing, please send any crash logs to support@skjm.com, and reference this forum post and your username in your e-mail.

artwindows

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 12:32:10 AM »
I'll look for crash report and post it. Thx!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:57:30 AM by artwindows »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 11:38:04 AM »
I'll look for crash report and post it. Thx!

The crash logs would be in: /Users/<Your Username>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log   or in: /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

If you are running Mac OS 10.6.3: they moved the crash logs to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports or /Users/<YourUsername>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

If you are running Lion+: it hides the ~/Library directory for some reason. You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you’re holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log. The crash logs should be there.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 05:06:44 PM »
Today we were able to replicate this issue on one of our test Mac minis.

It seems that, on some Macs, the graphics drivers (which are used to do the image processing on the video stream) are very inefficient, which are resulting in these problems.

When Mountain Lion (10.8.5) is on the mini, the iCamSource's % CPU usage increases only 5-10% when iCam connects to the iCamSource to view the camera. When running on Mavericks (10.9.1 or even the latest 10.9.2 Beta) the iCamSource's % CPU usage jumps to over 100%. This is the cause of the crashing issue. Unfortunately, since this is an issue with the operating system that doesn't appear to be fixed in the upcoming 10.9.2 version yet, we are going to have to find the cause of the issue and try to find a work-around.

If you open the Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor application on your Mac when the iCamSource is running, and see the % CPU usage associated with it jump to 100% or more when you connect with iCam, then this is the same issue that we have replicated and are currently attempting to find a fix for.

We will post back to this forum thread when a new version is available that will hopefully fix the issue.

artwindows

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 06:06:53 PM »
That's great that you found it!! Keep us posted.
I was thinking it had something to do with the computer falling asleep.
Thx again. Miss the cameras when I'm gone.

clubber1966

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 06:56:08 AM »
Excellent news, looking forward to a workaround and getting back a stable CCTV system.

Thanks
Andrew

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 01:44:02 PM »
Here is a new Mac OS X version of the iCamSource for Mavericks users to try: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.7.2.1.dmg

In our testing it does seem to fix the high CPU usage issue which should result in improved overall stability.

Please let us know how this version works for you.

Thanks!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 01:12:37 PM »
Found an issue with 2.7.2.1 that could cause a crash if connecting to an IP camera that sent back invalid image data.

Fixed the issue with 2.7.2.2: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.7.2.2.dmg

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 10:30:29 AM »
Does anyone have any feedback on version 2.7.2.2 of the iCamSource? It appears to still be performing well under our testing.

Thanks!  :)

artwindows

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 10:35:25 AM »
It works for me. Thx for fixing the problem!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 10:36:18 AM »
It works for me. Thx for fixing the problem!

Thanks for the update ... And you are welcome! :)