Author Topic: "Cannot Connect To iCam Broker Server" on EDGE or 3G - Fix coming in iCam 1.0.2  (Read 49459 times)

dirtymexican

• View Profile
 same here getting (source connection error) i have tried it about 50 times its not working, please help

dirtymexican

• View Profile
well i didnt tell that much last reply, i bought this app today, i have full bars 3g, any solutions thx

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Technical support for this issue is being handled through email.  If there is any new information about this issue from the emails, I'll post it in this thread.

HeyJB

• View Profile
It seems like this hasn't been an issue for people for a while, but I'm having issues.

I'm using my mac powerbook with an external webcam. I downloaded the latest version of the software yesterday. I was able to view the icam source on my ipod touch at home on my wifi in the same room, as well as others. However, when I got to work, it says it can't connect to the iCam Broker Server.

I can watch the feed online at http://skjm.com/icam/web/ and I'm getting push notifications, but it's not pulling up the stream and I can't see the Motion Events images. I'm using my work's wifi, so I'm not sure if that's the issue or not.

I tried to open weather and stocks and mail, and then go back to iCam and it's still giving me the same info.

Thanks!

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Your employer is either blocking communication with your home IP address, or with the broker server. My employer, a public school, has an aggressive firewall that blocks pretty much everything (or so it seems). I have the same issues as you. Are you able to connect with 3g? Try turning off your wireless at work and see if you can view it again.

davidwaynea0

• View Profile
Guys for the people who cant seem to connect to the cameras using their iphones over 3g, go to your computer and open the icamsource preferences. after you see the panel open up go to the bottom left corner and tick the "Auto-Config Router". start up the video again. and it should work fine. If it doesn't, leave it checked, and reboot your computer and phone, and try again. hope it helps.

davidwaynea0

• View Profile
Just tick the bottom left corner on the preferences of icamsource. "Auto config router"
reboot both computer and phone. it should work perfectly after that.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Also make sure you have uPNP enabled in the router settings if attempting to use the "Auto config router" setting in icamsource.

CID420

• View Profile
I need help with something. icam works perfectly for my meaning i have icam on my tablet and icam source on my comp. but my other laptop cannot view the cameras from the website. it says 2 sources on my laptop, but no feed. i can see them perfectly on my pc and my galaxy tab at the sametime. but for some reason i can't get it to work on my laptop.
i have uPNP enabled and also tried auto config router and restarted everything... still nothing.

Please If You Can Email Me At:
Marmalademan420@hotmail.com