Author Topic: "Cannot Connect To iCam Broker Server" on EDGE or 3G - Fix coming in iCam 1.0.2  (Read 49452 times)

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
GillNick - The port forwarding information, including the ports, is in the forum post I linked to before.  http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=182.msg644#msg644

If you have any questions about the information in that post, please let me know.

GillNick

• View Profile
Thx  Will do my tests   
You ll have my report about ( and event.questions )
waiting for some connections changes
it will take about a week
so till then

GillNick

• View Profile
IT WORKS  !!!!!
It was not the question of port in the router. I tested that but could not connect.
I can connect now even in Edge arias.
I just have better upload now !!! The only factor that changed after what I connect easyly every where.

I am happy about that !!!!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm glad it's working for you!

GillNick

• View Profile

I was glad and happy  but I have again : Source Connection Error !!!!!!

Same here in edge as well in Paris in 3G, or even WI-FI point in the town    : One or more of the iCam Broker Server retourned by the Icam Server could not be connected to !!!!!

It begions to be sad and LOL !!!!!!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm sorry to hear that.

I looked back through the previous posts.  Before you were getting Broker Connection Error messages, but now you're getting a Source Connection error, is that correct?  If so, please email your computer's IP address (from whatismyip.com) to support@skjm.com.  I'll reply to you here on the forum, because I remember you weren't receiving my emails before. 

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
GillNick - I sent an email to you a few hours ago.  If you didn't get it, please let me know.

GillNick

• View Profile

No i did not. Strange . Not easy receiving iCam !   :)
Even e mails. lol

alanowl

• View Profile
i'm getting the same "broker connection error" msg. can you tell me how you solve it? i'm connecting icam thru icam web. icamsource was set on my house on another city. i try to connect to icam when i go to my wife's house at another city thru her house wi-fe network. any solution?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
GillNick -  Yeah, you didn't receive my emails before, so I figured you wouldn't this time either.  Do you have another email address available?  If so, could you please email it to suppport@skjm.com?  I'd rather not post IP address and login information on the forum.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
alanowl is getting technical support for this issue through email.  If there is any new information about this issue from the emails, I'll post it in this thread.

gpvirzi

• View Profile
Hello,

I have sent an email to the support email about this same problem:
Source Connection Error
One or more of the icamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to.

It happens only on Edge, not on WiFi.
If I press repeatedly the Refresh button on the iCam App I can usually get it to work after a while, but usually not all 3 cams.

I tried launching the Weather or the Stocks app before staring iCam but that does not seem to work.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
gpvirzi is getting technical support for this issue through email.  If there is any new information about this issue from the emails, I'll post it in this thread.

gpvirzi

• View Profile
Update:

My issue was solved after Port Forwarding.

Thanks Jay!.

RedSunflower

• View Profile
Success!!!!!!! :D ;D :D ;D

Wee!!!!!  After communicating with Jay and Stefan (thank you, thank you, thank you) I just got bold and decided to read through some of the "fixes".  I did this one and it works!!!!  If you're courageous...go for it.
http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=182.msg644#msg644
My iPhone and iCam on an iMac are now communicating.

Now, I want to get another camera to add to the mix.