Author Topic: can i start icamsource (if it's closed) from mobile icam?  (Read 6521 times)

fuorigioco1981

• View Profile
can i start icamsource (if it's closed) from mobile icam?
« on: August 19, 2011, 02:20:58 AM »
even if it is closed ,from the icam app in my android phone?(for example if i leave home and forget to enable icamsource)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:03:44 AM by fuorigioco1981 »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: can i start icamsource (if it's closed) from mobile icam?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 02:21:02 PM »
There is not a way to remotely turn on iCamSource through the iCam software but some of our users use VNC to Start/Stop iCamSource remotely.

fuorigioco1981

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 03:57:15 PM »
There is not a way to remotely turn on iCamSource through the iCam software but some of our users use VNC to Start/Stop iCamSource remotely.
whats VNC?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 02:30:42 PM »
"VNC provides remote control software which lets you see and interact with desktop applications across any network."

http://www.realvnc.com/

fuorigioco1981

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 03:23:32 PM »
"VNC provides remote control software which lets you see and interact with desktop applications across any network."

http://www.realvnc.com/

ok thank you

SeanJ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 04:44:12 PM »
yeah VNC is little beast! I use tightvnc ( i think its a minimal cpu drain version) I use use my oldest computer (without CD drive, keyboard, mouse or monitor) just a webcam and a usb network stick plugged into the box - slaving it as a camera station, I can log into it from any machine with  a file on my memory stick. Has been working a treat in my loftspace (looking over front of house) using this 'server' setup for a while now, great stuff. Love this prog  :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 04:51:40 PM by SeanJ »

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 07:06:10 PM »
For iPhone I use the JumiOne APP.  I then can control the mouse, music players, use the keyboard, the game controller and open the iCamSource remotely anytime.  For that matter I use it to check on my weather station as well.  The free versions are quite good, but I bought the Mouse App to control the computer while magnified.  Oh and I control all the computers int my house with it as well.

Merlin