Author Topic: connection closed after one a short time  (Read 2557 times)

airtime0007

• View Profile
connection closed after one a short time
« on: November 04, 2013, 08:43:44 AM »
I am having a problem connecting when i am not on my home network. It works fine with both sound and video. Away from home I get the sources error. This is with cellular and wifi. If I  use proxy (which i don't want to do) I can connect. However it only connects for about a second then says connection closed. If i try about four times it will eventually stay connected. I have disabled my fire wall and used the auto router config option. Please help as i think it is a great app when it works . edit. I should also mention i get the sources error when i try and connect through the Icam website also
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:50:15 AM by airtime0007 »

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: connection closed after one a short time
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 05:11:07 PM »
Yikes...re-enable your firewall ASAP! The easiest way to get things working is to enable uPNP on the router, combined with enabling the auto router config option in icamsource...then possibly rebooting the router and your computer for good measure. Next time you start icamsource, you should get some uPNP (success or error) messages. If following those directions doesn't work, you'll probably have to enable manual port forwarding, which is a pain...but will result in very stable results.

airtime0007

• View Profile
Re: connection closed after one a short time
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 02:46:45 AM »
Hi Thanks for your reply. The file wall switch off was only temporary for testing. Its now switched back on. I have done as you described and get the success message reference upnp. It is still not working 50% of the time. I think Manual port forwarding is the only way to go. How does it differ from using upnp if iCAM reports success with port forwarding? Will it avoid the need to use Proxy servers?