Author Topic: Bug with Ms Surface Pro with 2 cams - Icamsource - Front camera won't work  (Read 5596 times)

iMarc76

• View Profile
Hi,

The front camera will not work correctly with icamsource. I have  an error message and even doing what it suggest does'nt solve the problem.

Upon clicking on Start , a pop up window appear with this message : Error code 14 - Render Stream failed

Thow can we include jpg of printscreens here ? I tryed to include a dropbox file public link but it says external link are not permitted.

Thank you everyone

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
That error means that the iCamSource is having problems communicating with your webcam.

Please make sure there aren't any other video capture programs (such as Skype) running. They might be fighting iCamSource for access to the camera.

If possible, send a screenshot of the iCamSource window to support@skjm.com, so we can verify the settings.

For more information about the Error Code 14 please see this forum post: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=174.0
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:43:26 AM by SKJM Support »

iMarc76

• View Profile
OK I will send the 3 print screens.

I don't know why you wrote about external and logitech cameras.

It's a tablet. Microsoft Surface Pro. Using Windows 8 Professional. It's has two internal camera. 

Before writing the post, I had already reinstalled icamsource (last version) many time and the tablet itself also had a full reinstallation of windows 8  between the first time i saw the bug and my yesterday report of the problem, whick is still there.  I really think there is an isssue with Icamsource to manage native microsoft camera drivers in windows 8, for the surface pro.

Thank you .

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Microsoft does not let you use both cameras at the same time: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/hardware-and-drivers/surface-cameras-faq

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

iMarc76

• View Profile
Yeah maybe they say that, but I think it's only with the natives apps, included with Windows 8. They are many apps that can manage the two camera at the same time in the windows Store, and also many website through flash.

For example, In the Windows Store, you can dowload and install CyberLink "You cam mobile" and the app has the option to use the 2 camera simultanously and it's  literally named "Double Camera"  ;D . There are others too.

Also, I would like to have at least one of the two camera working with icamsource. Anyway, the app Icamsource does'nt Use the two camera at the same time ! You chose one or another in the interface. I don't want to use the two at the same time, at least use one of them by swithching according to the need :)

« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 04:57:37 PM by iMarc76 »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You can switch the cameras manually in iCamSource by stopping iCamSource and selecting a different camera from the Video Source drop-down list.

Unfortunately, there is not currently an option in iCam to do that. That option is not a feature that has been requested in the past however, we will add it to our list of potential features to implement in the future.