Author Topic: New IP Cam (Foscam FI8910W)  (Read 2371 times)

bhenning12

• View Profile
New IP Cam (Foscam FI8910W)
« on: October 07, 2013, 03:52:12 PM »
First off, I would like to say that I have been using ICam for about a year now and it is awesome, thank you.
Ok I am currently running ICam source on my windows computer and using it's web cam so I can view on my Iphone. Now I have purchased the Foscam FI8910W. I used the Foscam disk to do the initial setup and it runs via WiFi while on the Foscam Software but have been unable to get the ICam source to find it and would like some assistance.
1. Do I need to do port forwarding again for this new camera or will the existing port take care of it?
2. I read that I need to download the ICam source again, it that true?
Of course any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Robert

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New IP Cam (Foscam FI8910W)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 10:22:47 PM »
When you run iCamSource, you'll need to select the "Ethernet /Wi-Fi" tab because the camera is a network camera, not a USB camera. Then, enter the MJPEG or JPEG URL for your camera.

If the MJPEG or JPEG URL isn't something that can be found by searching around with Google or by contacting their support, we actually have another solution available, although it is currently in its very preliminary stages, and that is: http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg_test.php

When you enter the camera's IP address and port into that web page, it will attempt to connect to the camera using all of the common MJPEG and JPEG URLs that we are aware of. If any of the URLs produce an image, then that is the URL to use in iCamSource.

If your camera requires a login and password, you can enter them in that webpage right before the address: login:password@Camera_address