Author Topic: New Release : iCamSource Mobile for iOS  (Read 2954 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New Release : iCamSource Mobile for iOS
« on: September 30, 2013, 12:34:58 PM »
We are happy to announce the release of iCamSource Mobile for camera-enabled iOS devices running iOS 6 and later: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/icamsource-mobile/id702939776?mt=8

iCamSource Mobile allows users to stream audio and video from their iOS device's microphone and camera to another mobile device running iCam.

iCamSource Mobile is for users who do not want to leave their computer on all day, or for users who have an additional iOS device that want to add another camera to their iCam network.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to leave a comment below.

Thanks! :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:36:50 PM by Stefan »

iMarc76

• View Profile
Re: New Release : iCamSource Mobile for iOS
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 05:35:17 PM »
Good thing for Ipad and Iphone Owner !

Would be great to have the Icam client app in the windows store (for windows 8 tablet).

:)

joflo723

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 02:49:54 PM »
...for camera-enabled iOS devices running iOS 6 and later

I have an old iPhone 3g I've been hanging onto because I keep thinking at some point I might be able to use it as a webcam with iCam. Any plans on making iCamSource Mobile compatible with older iOS firmware (specifically 4.2.1)?

Jo

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »
I have an old iPhone 3g I've been hanging onto because I keep thinking at some point I might be able to use it as a webcam with iCam. Any plans on making iCamSource Mobile compatible with older iOS firmware (specifically 4.2.1)?

No, unfortunately, and it is largely due to Apple no longer supporting targeting any version of iOS below 4.3 when developing applications with the latest version of their developer tools. To support the older versions of iOS we would need to use an older version of the developer application (Xcode) that would not support the features and capabilities of the more recent versions of iOS.

Additionally, the iPhone 3G hardware can barely handle the basic capturing and streaming of our ipCam application. Adding the encryption and motion detection logic processing to the already-taxed hardware would simply make the app unusable.