Author Topic: 2 usb cams  (Read 3120 times)

mastermechanic

• View Profile
2 usb cams
« on: December 22, 2009, 03:05:00 AM »
I was using 2 usb cams and it was working fine. All I had to do was bring up 2 Icam windows on the desktop and both cameras would work. Now after re-installing windows vista and the Icam program, only 1 camera shows up on the menu when I try to bring up 2 cameras. Was there a change to the Icam program?

mastermechanic

• View Profile
Re: 2 usb cams
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 08:08:49 AM »
By the way, the sound has never worked with Icam. I am running Vista. Where would be the setting to turn the sound on? My sound does work for other things.

mastermechanic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 11:20:47 AM »
Well I found out what the problem was with the 2nd camera. There was a failure with the camera usb receiver.
Still no sound with the first camera though.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 11:26:58 AM »
Have you updated your webcam drivers? Are you choosing your webcam in the Audio drop-down list of the iCamSource? Is Audio turned ON in the iCam Options screen? Is your iPhone on vibrate? Is the volume turned all the way down? When you zoom in on your webcam in iCam and adjust the volume using the buttons on the side of the phone, does it say "Ringer"?

mebedir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 06:34:17 PM »
I have 4 cameras hooked into my computer, all 4 are the same camera, and all 4 are directly connected to my computer, yet for some reason I can only view two at a time, no matter how many icamsources I open. what do I do?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 10:03:37 PM »
That may be a hardware limitation of your computer's USB bus if it is unable to support running four webcams all at the same time. Are you able to open other webcam applications and see if they can all be active at the same time?

mebedir

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 12:04:39 PM »
it appears my computer is only running 2, they all 4 work though, is there a way around this limitation?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 04:40:55 PM »
If it is a hardware limitation then I am not sure ... Perhaps a powered USB hub? I am not sure if it is a data-throughput or bus power issue. Is your computer a desktop or laptop? What are the make and model of the cameras?