Author Topic: Double Pictures when viewing iCam  (Read 7062 times)

Merlin

• View Profile
Double Pictures when viewing iCam
« on: September 17, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
Anyone have an idea why I might be seeing two of one of my cameras?  My front door camera shows up twice on iCam.  It is only setup once in iCamSource.  All the other cameras only show up once.  I run 6 cameras.  Oh one of the cameras is down right now and it is still setup in iCamSource.

Thanks,
Merlin

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Double Pictures when viewing iCam
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 04:45:54 PM »
Have you rebooted your computer since the issue began?

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 07:57:55 PM »
I had rebooted many times to try and resolve the issue.  Strangely enough sometime yesterday it resolved itself.  It was strange that it lasted a week or more.  I had rebooted, stopped and started iCamSource many times without resolution.  Maybe just anomaly...
Merlin

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 09:25:28 PM »
Okay maybe it's my computer unless anyone else is having issues...Apparantly at times iCamSource is running twice on my computer.  I was viewing my camera this evening and notice the icon was not displaying on the computer, but I was able to see the images.  I double clicked on iCamSource to get it to open up and iCam then went to 12 frames.  Only one iCamSource icon was showing in the task tray.  I stopped the one in the task tray that I had restarted and it went back to 6 frames for the six cameras I have setup in iCamSource.  I then proceeded to go to my Task Manager and even though iCamSource was running and viewable on iCam, there was not a running task for iCamSource...weird.  I opened iCamSource again and it went to 12 image slots and iCamSource showed in the Task Manager.

Full Unistall?

Merlin

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 10:45:38 PM »
After exiting icamsource in the taskbar, and looking in the Task Manager, did you look in the "Processes" tab and click the "Show processes from all users" button at the bottom to see each process that was running? I run icamsource as a service, so it doesn't show up in the "Applications" tab...I can only see it in the "Processes" tab. But unless you went through the effort of running icamsource as a service, that is definitely a strange behavior!

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 10:57:26 PM »
I was looking in the processes tab.  I only have one log on for this computer, so i didn't think of clicking on all users.  Further I do not run iCamSource as a service.  I have never seen it do that before.

thanks,
Merlin

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 03:26:09 PM »
If iCamSource didn't show up in the Task Manager, that either means there's another login on the same computer running iCamSource or another computer running iCamSource. If you have rebooted, then it's probably not another login on the same computer. Do you have any other computers that might be running iCamSource?

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 04:44:26 PM »
I run iCamSource at home and at work.  My home computer is the one that is giving me fits.  Both iCamSources have the same user name and password.  My work computer still shows the icon in the system tray and doesn't disappear.   Any ideas?

Merlin

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 01:14:27 AM »
Please send a screenshot of the home iCamSource, while it's running to support@skjm.com. Also, please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 06:30:23 PM »
I have forwarded all information and pictures for examples...

Thanks for all your help,
Merlin

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 02:55:32 PM »
We have not received the email. Please resend.

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 09:45:33 PM »
I sent it again to both support and contact e-mail addresses last week.  Did you get it?

Merlin

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 10:22:33 AM »
Unfortunately, we have not received an email. Are you using the same email address you have entered on the forum?

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 03:20:27 PM »
Maybe the files are too large or you have me as SPAM.  LOL  Anyhow I sent you a general e-mail if you could reply back so I can then sent the rest of the emails and attachments.

Thanks,
Merlin

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 08:08:34 AM »
We are not receiving your emails for some reason. Are you sending them to support@skjm.com? Also, are you using the same email address you have entered on the forum?