Author Topic: We need to pay extra now for consistent connections???  (Read 12500 times)

Pontihog

• View Profile
Re: We need to pay extra now for consistent connections???
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 03:48:32 PM »
If you were once able to reliably connect with iCam but now are unable to, then something has either changed with the iCamSource's network or computer configuration, or something has changed with the remote network that iCam connects to.

If you have a new home router, if its firmware has been updated, or if security software has been installed or updated on your home computer, then that could affect the connectivity from outside of your local network if the new configuration is more restrictive.

If you have setup port forwarding in the iCamSource and your router

If your home router has a separate "Guest" WiFi network that your computer is now connecting to, guest networks are usually much more restrictive when it comes to peer-to-peer communication, so the solution would be to connect your computer to the router's primary WiFi network instead.

If you are connecting remotely via WiFi using iCam, then that network may have added some additional security, causing it to become more restrictive.

If you are connecting remotely via LTE using iCam, then your mobile provider may have changed the networking configuration or security of its network, causing it to become more restrictive.

Connecting to your home computer from outside of your local network can be difficult as there are a number of security mechanisms specifically designed to block incoming connections to your network. That being said, we will be more than happy to help troubleshoot any connectivity problem with you.

Proxy Support is merely an option for users who would do not want to troubleshoot and configure their setup.

Stephan,

Can you help me with understanding what might be wrong
?  I am able to log into my cameras with the Foscam app.  I have my cameras ports in the Foscam app.  I have the the the port range set in Icam but I keep getting the question to buy more private...
The cameras connect flawlessly from the Foscam app from thousands of miles away but not iCam?

Please help
Ponti

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 10:13:05 PM »
Stephan,

?  I am able to log into my cameras with the Foscam app.  I have my cameras ports in the Foscam app.  I have the the the port range set in Icam but I keep getting the question to buy more private...
The cameras connect flawlessly from the Foscam app from thousands of miles away but not iCam?

Please help
Ponti

Did you forward the same UDP (not TCP) port range in your router that you entered into the iCamSource? If you have forwarded TCP ports in your router to connect directly to your IP cameras using a Foscam app then you will also need to forward a range of UDP ports in your router so that you can connect iCam to the iCamSource when you are away from your network.

Pontihog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2015, 02:08:08 PM »
@Pontihog - i'm no expert but things just got a whole lot better by using the registry file that gives icam source it's port ranges visible in the program. Have you got that installed? and if so turn of 'auto configure' ports and set your ranges and duplicate these in your router port forwarding and that's about all the advice I can give, that little registry update that gave me the port ranges visible was a big help, though I am using icam on 4 seperate PC's. Maybe that could help you with your situation. The proxy support screen is one of the default displays for a non connection so I no longer attribute anything to it more than that now.

Sean,
Thanks, yes I have used the registry file.  I have used that for quite a while.

I am hoping someone can answer why I can connect with the Foscam and Tenvis apps reliably everytime, but Icam has turned unreliable.

I can VNC and use other manufactures apps 100 % of the time but everytime I use iCam I get buy Proxy time.

Why? 

Pontihog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2015, 02:50:19 PM »
Stephan,

Please help
Ponti

Did you forward the same UDP (not TCP) port range in your router that you entered into the iCamSource? If you have forwarded TCP ports in your router to connect directly to your IP cameras using a Foscam app then you will also need to forward a range of UDP ports in your router so that you can connect iCam to the iCamSource when you are away from your network.

Sorry missed the above reply.  Been on the road for three weeks.  I will check tonight

Thanks
Ponti