Author Topic: Airport Extreme 5th Generation 7.6.4  (Read 7317 times)

Merlin

• View Profile
Airport Extreme 5th Generation 7.6.4
« on: August 28, 2013, 09:44:06 PM »
Every since I updated to version 7.6.4 I have had issues with iCamSource.  Is anyone else having issues?

Merlin

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Airport Extreme 5th Generation 7.6.4
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 09:09:43 AM »
I haven't had any issues since upgrading ... What issues are you experiencing? Have you tried unplugging and re-plugging in your router?

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 02:02:42 PM »
Before I update I had no issues with my cameras.  Now that I have updated I get UPnP may not be enabled although I have UPnP enabled on my Apple Airport Extreme.  Further it seems that only one of my 5 cameras is only viewable on iCamSource either on Wi-Fi or on LTE.  Also I do have all my ports forwarded for each camera on the system except the USB camera on my computer.

Puzzled,
Merlin

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 07:11:20 AM »
Apple AirPort Routers actually use NAT-PMP instead of UPnP, so maybe it was disabled by the update?

On the more recent version of the AirPort Utility application the "Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol" checkbox can be found by clicking the "Network Options..." button at the bottom of the "Network" tab. You could try unchecking it, saving the setting and updating the AirPort, and then re-checking it and saving / updating again.

I am still seeing NAT-PMP Success messages when I run my AirPort-connected iCamSource.

Do you have the ports forwarded in your router for iCam? Or so you can access IP cameras directly from outside of your local network? If you have UDP ports forwarded for iCam, you shouldn't be able to check the Auto-Config Router checkbox if the Port Forward Range checkbox is checked.

Also, do you have the Enable Private Proxy checkbox checked in the iCamSource under the Public Proxy tab? Or the main Auto-Config Router checkbox?

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 06:15:45 PM »
Okay I reset my Airport Extreme and redid everything.  I am aware of the Enable Port Mapping Protocol and had it enabled before.  All Ports are forwarded for all the cameras except the USB camera.  All cameras are on a fixed IP except for again the USB camera.  I did however change the computer running iCamSource to a fixed IP address...just in case. 
Enabled Port Mapping
Each camera has it's own port
Forwarded all ports related to cameras
Forwarded iCamSource port range of 12000-12100
Even though I have the ports forwarded I do have the Auto Configure Router box checked
I do not have the box for Enable Public Proxy checked at this time
I can see all cameras through Wi-Fi and through LTE
The only thing I am worried about is the message;
"NAT-PMP Success 12003 thru 12003NAT-PMP TIMEOUTNAT-PMP TIMEOUT"
What does this now mean?

Merlin

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 09:16:29 AM »
Hmm. There does seem to be a longer-than-normal delay between when I click the Start button and when the NAT-PMP Success message appears. I could see that if there were multiple cameras all performing the Auto-Config Router logic at the same time that that could potentially cause an eventual timeout.

It must be an issue with the new firmware, like you said, because I don't recall this occurring in the past.

I'll look into the cause of the issue and will hopefully have a new version for you to try early this upcoming week if I can find a work-around.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!  8)

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 12:11:01 PM »
Glad to help...
Merlin

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 12:09:04 PM »
Ok, it looks like the delay is caused by the UPnP logic. If I remove the UPnP attempt and just use the NAT-PMP code it completes within 2-3 seconds.

I tried updating to the latest UPnP library source code, but the delay is still present.

It looks like things do eventually settle down with 5 cameras, but it can take up to 30-60 seconds to do so. After you let it run for that long, I am guessing that everything looks good, and you are able to connect to all of your cameras, is that correct?

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 01:08:59 PM »
I am able to connect now with all my cameras.  5 home and 1 work. 

Merlin

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 07:03:38 AM »
Ok, good. I will attempt to continue to try and drill down as to the cause of the delay.

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »
anything new?

Merlin

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2013, 05:16:20 PM »
Nothing to report yet, unfortunately.