Author Topic: Can't configure Tenvis camera  (Read 6435 times)

1m1

• View Profile
Can't configure Tenvis camera
« on: August 07, 2013, 06:39:02 PM »
I've been using iCam for years and it's been really useful. I just bought another camera to add to my system. It is a Tenvis JPT3815W camera. I'm having trouble getting these to work with iCam and iCamSource. I tried using the URL that's recommended on the support page which is h t t p://10.0.1.16/videostream.cgi

I'm running the latest versions of iCamSource and iCam. My computer is a Mac running Snow Leopard. I've been able to set up the IP addresses on the camera no problem.I'm getting the error "Cannot find JPEG data. Your network IP camera may not be supported" in the iCamSource prefs

If I type this URL into a browser I'm able to watch the video streaming, but it's not working within iCamSource for some reason. The two older  cameras that I've had for awhile are working fine in iCamSource and iCam... they are Airlink and Cisco cameras.

I tried putting the Port number into the iCamSource URL address: h t t p://10.0.1.16:81/videostream.cgi but that doesn't work either (I'm putting spaces in http otherwise I get a forum error saying I can't post links). I've tried configuring the camera to use port 80 also, and both MJPEG and JPEG within the iCam prefs.

There have been a couple of times that a freeze frame has come up in iCamSource from the camera, but it has happened when I'm working on something else and haven't been able to replicate it.

I've retyped the login and password slowly a couple of times just to make sure it was correct.

I'm running out of things to try... any help and information would be greatly appreciated!!

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Can't configure Tenvis camera
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 06:50:40 PM »
You mention that ".../videostream.cgi" is recommended on the support page. Is that specific for the Tenvis camera? Have you tried changing it to ".../video.cgi" to see if that works?

If that doesn't work, try both of these tools to see if they can help get the correct link:

http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg.php

http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg_test.php

Also, I doubt this is the issue...but there's a small chance that it is....someone in the past discovered a weird bug on a certain brand of camera that the camera did not support passwords with non-alphanumeric characters (ex: % or #) when using a certain type of encryption (I think it was WPA2). If you have any non-alphanumeric characters, you could try changing it in both the camera and in icamsource (the camera login password). I wouldn't waste time on this unless you can't get another URL to work.

1m1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 07:04:34 PM »
Thanks for your reply! Yes, ".../videostream.cgi" is specific for the Tenvis camera. I have tried changed it to ".../video.cgi" but that didn't work either.

The first tool is the one that I used in the first place. The second tool I didn't know about and I just tried it. It confirmed that ".../videostream.cgi" is correct as there are only two URLs that show anything other than Access Error. The second URL that works is ".../snapshot.cgi", but that is only a single frame.

My user name and passwords are only alphanumeric, so that's not the issue.

Do you have any other ideas? I really would like to solve this today if possible. Thanks!

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 08:12:13 PM »
You could try resetting the camera to default factory settings, then trying ".../videostream.cgi" again to see if that has any effect. If not, you might see if you have the latest firmware installed on the camera. If neither of those work, I'm out of ideas...but hopefully SKJM will have some ideas. Or you could contact Tenvis customer service and see if they can provide the appropriate link for the MJPEG feed for your particular model (some manufacturers use different URLs for different models). If they provide one not suggested by the tools you tried previously, post the link so SKJM can update their tools...I'm sure they'd greatly appreciate it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:14:53 PM by OUAnthony »

1m1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 11:32:21 PM »
Okay, that's an idea. I won't be able to get to this for a week or so now, but if I have any new info I'll post it.