Author Topic: request delete all motion events for all cameras  (Read 4072 times)

antipro

• View Profile
request delete all motion events for all cameras
« on: July 30, 2013, 09:19:27 AM »
Like obj I request a button that let me to delete all the motion events images.

edit:
Now Talking about another thing, w/o open a new thread:
The Motion Detection, I think it is too much sensible, I have the sensitivity bar at very low value.
I have a lot of false positive, often did by rays of light.

dkb52

• View Profile
Re: request delete all motion events for all cameras
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 05:31:13 PM »
Currently, I like the "delete" features as they are.  Especially, since I still accidentally delete motion events I wanted to keep.  I can open the camera (iCam), View Motion Events; then delete ALL events for that camera, or right-swipe an event folder and delete it, or open the event folder and delete individual images.  Since I'm accident prone, I definitely do NOT want a button to delete everything for all cameras at the same time.

I too had "light activation" problems.  For "fixed" locations (like car headlights) going past, I enabled motion detections zones, and "X'd" those areas where light was a problem.  Usually, the sun and clouds would only record 1 or 2 event images at a time.  So, I increased the threshold for events to 3.  That way, any events (2 or less) are deleted by iCamSource for me.

I attempted to set motion zones for the sun and cloud movement; however after discovering the sun does indeed revolve around me, I found increasing the motion event threshold much easier to manage.

Still looking for a way to "lock" folders so I stop accidentally deleting them with over zealous thumb swipes.

antipro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 06:03:46 AM »
Thanks for you opinion, by the way I do not think the accidental deleting is a real problem for me.
I have sunlight false positives but I also have a cat that randomly can pass in front of six cameras activating them,
and I also have false positives for many others situations, for example while i'm testing cam positions and sensitivity, or a known person that enter the house or pass in the garden...etc..
 so instead of deleting the entire folder on the pc or delete them one by one from the ios device, (is a bit boring to doubletap to enter full screen for each camera and then to confirm each time),
 I think a button in the option page like "Reset Storage" then "Confirm?" is enough to not do it accidentally.

Using zones isn't the solution, at least in my case, but I will try again. I usually use zones only for plants moved by the wind or cars.
It would be nice if I could see exactly where, in the image, the motion has been activated.

Ok, now talking about you said "threshold",...
Notification Threshold and Event Image Minimum

Thanks, I didn't remember they exist, cause they appear only if I active respectively "Send Notification" and "Record Motion" in iCamSource.
I always did it from the ios device after leaving home.
Thanks!

>>"Still looking for a way to "lock" folders..."

I do not think is a serious problem but yes, i noticed that the images are deleted definitively without pass through the Windows Recycle Bin.
If you're so afraid to delete them maybe you can set destination folder into the dropbox folder, so you can recover them if you accidentally delete them and you can also retrive images if someone stole your computers.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:29:27 AM by antipro »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 08:48:58 PM »
You can try setting the Event Image Minimum setting (in the Motion Detection settings in iCamSource) to something greater than 1. That effectively lowers the sensitivity of the motion detection. - http://skjm.com/icam/help/motion_detection.php#advanced

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 11:12:45 PM »
>>"Still looking for a way to "lock" folders..."

I do not think is a serious problem but yes, i noticed that the images are deleted definitively without pass through the Windows Recycle Bin.
If you're so afraid to delete them maybe you can set destination folder into the dropbox folder, so you can recover them if you accidentally delete them and you can also retrive images if someone stole your computers.

I can't remember if I intentionally set it up this way, but my DropBox folders/files are deleted when they are deleted from the DropBox folder on the computer...so that option might not work the way you suggest. If you're able to prevent it from doing this, then you might run into a situation where your DropBox gets full of files (because older files are not being deleted)...so that could be bad too, for security purposes.

antipro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 03:55:09 AM »
>>> ..so that option might not work the way you suggest..

Was just a suggest, I don't use dropbox for this purpose...but
The Dropbox website file manager is able to recover deleted files.
"show deleted files" on top right.
http://db.tt/zFXj6REE
so I can undelete entire directories too.

Excuse me, I'm not sure I understand, what you mean when you talk about Dropbox gets full of files?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 03:59:14 AM by antipro »

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 04:29:21 AM »
Oh, right...I forgot about that feature (recover deleted files).

Dropbox gets full...uses all available memory in your Dropbox account. I'm not sure how Dropbox behaves once all allotted memory has been used...just something to think about.