Author Topic: iCam and new WIFI network please help  (Read 1636 times)

valval

• View Profile
iCam and new WIFI network please help
« on: July 06, 2013, 12:53:13 PM »
Hey i am fairly new to this, my dad had installed the cameras and everything a while back when we had a completely different wifi network. Recently we have changed the router and obviously have a new WiFi network now.
i have all the passwords and stuff for my cameras i just dont know how to hook them up onto a new WiFi network. I tried google searching it and tried in here but couldnt find anything that could help me out.

ANd i am not even sure if i need to be doing that in iCam or just go to my camera's "maker" website or whatever it is..
i dont know im not exactly tech savvy so all the help i could get would be wonderful and greatly appreciated!

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: iCam and new WIFI network please help
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 05:47:48 PM »
How you proceed is going to depend on how the cameras connect to the network (wired or wireless) and how you have icamsource configured (with auto-router config or manual port forwarding). If the cameras are wireless and you're using the auto-config router option in icamsource, the easiest thing would be change the new router settings (SSID, password, encryption-type, etc) to match the old router. Otherwise you're probably going to have to connect the cameras (at least temporarily) to the router via an Ethernet cable so that you can connect to them and change the settings so that they can connect to the new wifi.