Author Topic: How do you completely uninstall iCamSource for mac?  (Read 7190 times)

KORG

• View Profile
How do you completely uninstall iCamSource for mac?
« on: December 14, 2009, 07:21:29 PM »
I want to completely un-install it from my mac and all its files that belong to it, I can't seem to find it in the support?

(I notice that since upgrading to 1.4 iCam doesn't PUSH notify my iPhone compared to 1.3.6, I have to max the settings in order for it to work where as before I would leave it half way and it would work perfect.)

*SKJM please tweak back the setting for more accurate timely PUSH Notification alerts. It will notify my iPhone like 5-10 min later when testing...will try to reinstall iCamSource when I get the steps to remove all files.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How do you completely uninstall iCamSource for mac?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 10:50:17 PM »
KORG is getting technical support for this problem through email.  If there is any new information regarding the problem, I'll post it in this thread.

yhicks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 11:54:12 PM »
Please post the full instructions...

I've have tried to uninstall the app for the purpose of reinstalling in the hopes to clear some general bugginess, but find that when I reinstall, my existing cameras and configs are remaining.

Here is a run down of the steps and result. Note: Running OS X 10.6.8

1) From Applications menu, right click on iCamSource.app and Move to Trash
2) Restart computer
3) Re-mount iCamSource2.4.dmg and move App to Applications folder
4) Run App
5) Fail. Preferences are not clean state and show existing cameras/settings.

I assume a config file of some sort is being left on system and needs to be manually cleaned.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 10:15:14 AM »
Please post the full instructions...

I've have tried to uninstall the app for the purpose of reinstalling in the hopes to clear some general bugginess, but find that when I reinstall, my existing cameras and configs are remaining.

Here is a run down of the steps and result. Note: Running OS X 10.6.8

1) From Applications menu, right click on iCamSource.app and Move to Trash
2) Restart computer
3) Re-mount iCamSource2.4.dmg and move App to Applications folder
4) Run App
5) Fail. Preferences are not clean state and show existing cameras/settings.

I assume a config file of some sort is being left on system and needs to be manually cleaned.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, there is also a preferences file (com.skjm.icamsource.plist) in your home folder's Library / Preferences sub-folder that you can delete to completely reset the iCamSource's settings.

evilone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 08:54:02 AM »
I can not find "com.skjm.icamsource.plist" on my computer.
Therefore I can not go any further.  I am being held prisoner by the program!  I have wasted 5+ hours on this stupid program/app.
SKJM is NO help!  They tell me to click on an icon that does not exist.
Please help!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 10:27:15 AM »
If you are running Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion) then the Library folder is now hidden by default: http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/22/access-user-library-folder-in-os-x-lion/

The Hold Option and Use the “Go” Menu to Show Library step is the most straightforward: Holding down the Option key will show the “Library” directory as an option in the Finders Go menu. The other nice thing about the Go menu is that after you have accessed ~/Library on multiple occasions, it will start to appear in the “Recent Folders” submenu for easy repeat access.

tguar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 04:30:49 AM »
Hello, I'm trying to uninstall this program off my computer. It won't let me delete and keeps saying that it's open, though I've closed the program. I found (com.skjm.icamsource.plist) in your home folder's Library / Preferences sub-folder, deleted it, and restarted my computer. The icamsource preferences showed up. What do I do next?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 12:52:04 PM »
Did you delete iCamSource from your Applications folder before deleting the plist? If not, please do so and delete the plist again.